Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does this affect biovores? i mean it dosnt need line of sight, plus tyranids are all one mind if one creatur can see the target everyone owuld know where he is.
so ya do i need to roll to see if my nonLOS shooter can see the shoot them?

XG

·
Registered
379 Posts
Uh...Remember - Biovores are a template weapon. You choose a spot on the map - not a target. So you are technically targetting the area under them, which you can see. Then if it deviates, it deviates. Then remember - spore mines just drift mindlessly. If they run into the guy, oh well. If not, have a synapse detonate them.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Shrouding restricts the enemy's line of sight - biovores don't need line of sight at all. Therefore biovores or guess weapons are unaffected.

jwu

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wrong. Guess range double their scatter distance if outside the spotting range.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Well, if they arent then they arent affected by the shrouding rule. Just do whatever makes sense. If they attack would imply that they know where the GK are, then I dont think they should be targeted, as they are supposed to be shrouded/hard to see.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Well this is how you work - you choose any spot within 48" of the vore, say what kind of mine you are shooting, and then you put it there. Then you roll deviation.

Its not guess in the since that you dont guess the range - you just pick where it lands.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Biovores are their own type of weapon, so they are "immune" to shrouding or night fighting or any of that stuff.

On the other hand, they already have a large deviation so its not really unbalanced.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.