Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that Grey knights are such cheese against chaos its unbelieveable.

I had the GKT as reserves with my space wolves army. Was fighting lost and the damned and nurgle space marines. This was a slaughter for me btw cause I was getting 3 lascannon shots, 3 ord templates and a heavy weapons squad fire on me. the lascannons being proveded by a land raider and a preadator. after 2nd turn, i had literaly lost the game because my heavy supports were gone., a long fangs pack, exterminator, and crusaider.

well back to the knights. i deep struck the knights in behind teh prince attacking my razorback. the nurgle player, a friend, starts foaming at the mouth, drooling, bragging about the princes ws6, int 6 daemon goin to kick the terminators butts. well...it had a grimore of true names on it, and sacred incence. his look when I read off what they did was PRICELESS. went from trash talk to complaining in 3 seconds flat :) he knocked down the leader with the gear, but he did enough wounds that the rest of the squad finished him off.

im now thinkin about buying a box of terminators after this game.

·
Registered
841 Posts
well they ARE made to fight chaos, i think it is balanced that they should totally obliterate chaos ;p
anyway also chaos have too much gifts :/ imperium should have some too (GK)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Were you using a Grand Master or a Brother-Captain? If you were using a Grand Master you should have been able to do one wound then roll 2d6 and get at least a 10 to automatically kill him with your force weapon...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
%&$*@! IT WAS A GRAND MASTER. ARGH! It was my roommates terminators, and I was playing against him and a friend of his who was playing the nurgle marines. he said its not a force weapon..its just a cooincidence that its called a force weapon. I asked to look at his daemonhunters codex to be sure too, he said he let a friend of ours borrow it....thanks...when I get home from work, ill smack him around a few times.

·
Registered
442 Posts
All GK CC weapons are called Nemesis Force Weapons, but in the Grand Master's case it is literally a Force Weapon. For Terminators and justicars they count as power weapons, and GK in power armor just get them as S6 CC weapons.

Yup, you woulda split that Daemon prince in half :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did the nurgle player have heavy weapons in his squad??? Cuz if he did he happened to forget the rule where units (besides vehicles) with the mark of nurgle cannot carry heavy weapons but may still have assault weapons.... not sure if that would had ne affect on the game but just wanted to give u a heads up on the rule.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Well for one you took wayyyyyyyyyyy too much heavy support, you needed more troops there. The only support you would have needed would have been that crusader and a pred destructor, take out the exterminator, too many points for too few shots. Grey hunters would have rocked this guys world, not to mention some wolf scouts for the defilers (2 plasma pistol shots and a melta shot to the back!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.