Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm new at the game. I was looking over the rules and it almost seems like Dwarven Thunderers are almost as good, if not better than Glade Guard in terms of shooting ability. I was under the impression that WE dominated in shooting. Was I wrong?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Personally I feel that Wood Elves dominate shooting is a large misconception that many players have. There are quite a few armies that can overshoot us, the other 2 elven armies for examples with their warmachines. WE however are by far the most maneuverable army. The ability to move and receive no penalty to shooting does not make us better at shooting. It does however encourage us to move. We are GOOD at shooting just not the best.
That at least is how I see it.

·
4,361 Posts
While I agree that wood elves probably aren't the best shooting army, I think there are better units to compare against than thunderers. There weapons have a range 6" shorter than our bows. They are also move or shoot. So there tactical advantages are limited. But if you get in range, they will hurt. Dark elves are the real pain when it comes to shooting.

SirKently

1 - 3 of 3 Posts