Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought my first tank, a predator.

I have two questions:

A. Can I make the predator destructor with a bolter on one side and a lascanon on the other.

B.I was trying to glue the side sponsoons on. I could not get the bolter or lascanon to glue into the cylinder thing. I am using plastic glue but it worked on the autocanon turret on the top, it is solid. Why does it work in oe place and not the other? I let the glue dry overnight and is sees not to stick to the side gun while it does to the top turret...

·
Registered
290 Posts
A. no, period. sorry

B. Are you using too much glue? if you use alot of glue it takes longer to dry and it slides all over the place. Are you using not enough glue, i use just enough so that there is extra that comes out of the cracks that i have to remove with an x-acto knife, no more no less? Did you paint the sponsion or use varnish on it, if there is a barrier between the plastic then the plastic glue won't work? Is not a resin part or something is it? Resin looks and feels like plastic but plastic glue will not work on resin. Do you have superglue for the little bastard if the above arnet applicable?

Oh yeah, and your not supposed to glue the sponsons INTO the cylinder, what your supposed to do is glue the edges of the two halves of the gun and leave the cylinder alone, that is so that when you are done the gun can swivel up and down.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a. so it has to be two bolters or two lascanons on teh sides???

b. First of all it is the metal side sponsoon. I am trying to glue the actual gun(bolter) into the cylinder. They fit together with a slot. I did not paint them at all. I did use quite a bit of glue but I think the problem is that it is metal. Th funny part is that it worked fine on the top turret.

I realize it is all supposed to move but i can glue it if i want can't I??

·
Registered
290 Posts
OOH...

Its one of them OLD predators, ok i gotya now. Yes, metal it the problem. I don't know why it worked on other metal parts but its going to break because its not a real bond if its metal parts and you used plastic glue, its probably just a tight fit and the glue has dried filling in the gaps but not actually forming a bond with anything. I'd go buy some super/CA glue, break the turret metal parts off, scrape off any plastic glue residue you see, and then do it with the superglue.

sooner or later that turret will fall apart if its not super glue and its metal parts.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its weird
I have metal terminator captain
I used superglue to put him together and it worked
but then i tried to do his sword arm
The superglue did not work so i used plastic glue and it held fine, and it was a loose fit. This was three weeks ago and he has fell over and i have painted him and his sword is still on solidly. :blink:

my turret was not a tight fit either but i just put a little plasic glue on and it worked :blink:

I will have to get some superglue, if so is there some special stuff I should get?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
That's odd, plastic glue shouldn't glue metal parts... I'd try to break it gently, if it doesn't come off that's great, if it does reglue it with citadel superglue, that stuff is pretty good (though mine always dries in the bottle for some reason).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Originally posted by BorninDarkness@May 8 2003, 15:22
That's odd, plastic glue shouldn't glue metal parts... I'd try to break it gently, if it doesn't come off that's great, if it does reglue it with citadel superglue, that stuff is pretty good (though mine always dries in the bottle for some reason).
Thats because your not putting it in the refrigerator like your supposed to.

Laff if you will, but thats what your supposed to do i think. Anyway mine has stayed fine, hell for years now i bet, and its an old one with the pop top that isn't air tight.

·
Registered
523 Posts
There is also some awesome stuff out for superglue. Its a pump spray and you sray one of the pieces your going to glue and glue the other piece. When you put them both together it bonds immediately. Super glue can take so long, the plastic glue is faster but this stuff is awesome. You wont find it by citadel but you should be able to get it at a local hobby store and it works great with the citadel superglue. If your interested Ill try to find out what the name of it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.