Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had a few friendly games with my skaven vs. my friends ogres and he has been having a lot of luck using gnoblars against me. He fields 5 units of 10 gnoblars in the front of his army mainly as speed bumps that won't cause a panic bomb for fleeing threw his bulls.

So I ask the ogre community this; do ya'll also field gnoblars as cheap screens?

Pros: Cheap as chips, throwing weapons, no panic
Cons: Could buy one more bull or a sabertusk that has better movement

I see the cons as the main arguments against 10 man gnob squads as I don't see the little blue guys used to often

·
ISIS Secret Agent Squishy
1,875 Posts
Gnoblars are awesome. Not many people will use so many though.
They are a bit of a speedbump/chaff unit, with the added ability of (potentially) hurting anyone who charges them thanks to the trappers upgrade.
While there are "better" uses of the points (bull or sabre, or with 5 units of trappers - Stonehorn), they do have a purpose as a meatshield for leadbelchers, or anything else you want to hold back.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've taken a huge horde of gnoblars (60-100) and used them to hold up an enemy unit while my bulls or mournfang work around to the flank. They're so cheap it's hard not to take them and I never feel bad when they die.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts