Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do gnoblars play a role in ogre games? I am unsure why i rarely see these guys at my local gamesworkshop, they may be slightly more expensive BUT now have options for full command and trappers :D Do people horde 40-50+ gnoblars? to form a hammer and anvil?

What do these little guys do?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome idea :D soz for making this silly post it seems that this forum as died :/ i find GW is putting far less love into each codex, they appear more rushed and less thought out, i wasnt a huge fan of the artwork in our new 8th ed codex. Previously you'd talk about a new codex for ages and you'd see tactica and numerous battle reports, now you find less of this love and individuality of a army. alternatively im a sook who needs to learn its a business :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Take the minimum number of 10 and make them trappers. For a minimum of 50 points you have a decent speed-bump that causes anyone who charges them a dangerous terrain test. Dangerous terrain tests auto kill anything that rolls a one and doesn't have a ward save. That averages out to be 6 kills on a horde who rushes in recklessly. Killing six of anything more than makes their points back.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have used 4 groups of 10 gnobs as flank speed bumps. With trappers of course. In one game, one group was charged by a chariot, which the owner rolled a one on the test, and then it promptly exploded as he rolled enough wounds to kill it. For that reason alone I like them, alas my lot suffered an unfortunate accident and ended up lost down a storm water drain.
However, the good thing about gnobs is you get em for free anyway. I had about 60 - 70 gnobs, and had only bought one box. The rest were from bull and Ironguts sprues, as well as from the Ironblaster/scraplauncher kit, since I made the Ironblaster.

·
Registered
762 Posts
You really don't need to buy the box for these guys, i bought 2 boxes of ogres and an Ironblaster then took all the spare gnoblar parts and glued 3 onto a piece of cardboard the same length as 5 gnoblars ranked up. with some spare bits you can turn 15 free gnoblars into a small regiment of 25. since they usually die in droves, you can just remove entire 5 person bases at a time.

not to mention its alot easier to rank up 5 large bases instead of 25 small ones.

Last night I moved a unit of 18 gnoblars in front of a block of 8 empire knights, they got charged and completly wiped out. The knights then overan into Golgfag and his Maneaters which i positioned directly behind the gnoblars. after a stand and shoot reaction then Golgfag hitting at I 10 S8 only 2 knights were left. maybe the gnoblars were not important but it was fun watching them get ripped to shreds and im sure it gave the maneaters a good laugh! The gnoblars also soaked up 2 fire spells and a cannon ball that game

·
Registered
210 Posts
i have like 73 atm from a combo of a box of gnoblars and spares i've found in my bits box lacky a few heads though for some reason

1 - 10 of 10 Posts