Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is fun,
I have a 3000 pt battle tomorrow and I'm fielding Beastmen allied with Dwarfs. All my dwarfs are vintage Marauder/Citadel Chaos Dwarfs so they look as though they could do business together, but out of respect for the rules we're still "Desperate Allies". This nobbles my Dwarf magic resistance but being as we'll be splitting pretty immediately I don't expect too much difficulty.
Comments are what I'm here for, but ALL my beast collection is in this, so it's no good telling me to get another 12 this or another horde that. All I have in my back pocket is a spare minotaur and a giant... I have evil dwarfs falling out my ears but this is a Beasts list, so here goes.

Beastlord+TaliPres+AHW 198
Gt Bray Shay+Jagged Dag 210 (L3 Beast Lore)
Wargor, BSB, H.arm, AHW, G.wep, Gn.Hide, B.blade 147
Bray shay+ L2+DispScroll 135 (lore shadow)
Bray shay+ Shard 125 (lore shadow)
Minotaurs x 5 + Muso 285
Harpies x 5 55
Chaos Hounds x 5 x2 60
Ungor raiders x 5 + Hh x2 72
GORS + AHW x 39 + FC
= 1624

Cannon+ Run Forg+ Run Burn 150
Cannon+ Run Forg 145
ORGAN GUN + Run Forg+ Run ACC 170
M.Engineer + Run3Ward + R.stone + 2pis 130
Thane+BSB+SHLD+RunMight+RunFort+DHandGun 180
Gyrocopter
Longbeards+Shld x 34 + FC + Banner Slowness 522
= 1376

So I'm up against High Elves allied with Lizards and expect to have my work cut out in the magic phases. I have to say that allied armies give Warhammer a new, exciting dimension and I look forward to writing up how it goes down...
CN

·
Registered
815 Posts
HI,

I'm not going to say anything about the Dwarfs, don't know diddly about dwarf builds and I hate the stunties anyway.

Beastlord+TaliPres+AHW 198

-- AOD would be better, that gives him HA and the 4+Ward, now you can give your Gt Bray the Tal of Pres for the 4+ Ward. I might want him a little more protected than that as well if possible.
Gt Bray Shay+Jagged Dag 210 (L3 Beast Lore)

Tal of Pres just to keep him alive, that's just me though.
Wargor, BSB, H.arm, AHW, G.wep, Gn.Hide, B.blade 147

You're better off, imo, with Wargor, BSB, HA, G.Hide, Beast Banner.
Bray shay+ L2+DispScroll 135 (lore shadow)
Bray shay+ Shard 125 (lore shadow)

No herd stone, you don't need these many shaman.

Minotaurs x 5 + Muso 285

No Doombull to lead these guys, they're doomed before they cross the table.

Harpies x 5 55

Good.

Chaos Hounds x 5 x2 60

Ungor raiders x 5 + Hh x2 72

GORS + AHW x 39 + FC

= 1624

I know you said you can't do much else in terms of models so maybe just re-visit the characters and make them less squishy. See if you can fit a lvl 4 in as well, everyone needs a lvl 4.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Baa Baa Blackbeards

Thanks for your fast reply,
I agree with everything you say except about the herdstone-my L1 is carrying the shard. We're you advising to drop it, or just drop some shamen if I didnt have it?
I would love to turn it up on the characters but the problem I have is that all the miniatures I have that I can use as Core weigh in at just 409.
This means that my Lord and Hero choices are already completely topped out...
Previously I mustered 1600pts with a giant and a gore bull. It's going to be weird to have five, basic, squishy Minotaurs skulking around the rear of the gore horde. I'll have them in one line five wide and hope to attract fire away from the mass ranks. Expensive way to do it.
Obviously I need more models but I'm holding off 'til our 8th Ed book comes out. I'm really looking forward to it and hope there's been useful development on 'Beastman Ambush' - 8th needs a gamechanger.
I look forward to writing this game up, I've always wondered how a fast aggressive chaos type army would fare with real artillery to soften the enemy up first (dwarf organ guns shred nowadays and their cannon are much more reliable) plus, rather than have me charge right up to them, the enemy has to navigate all the way to my rear to take on a horde of elite with a couple of nasty surprises...

·
Registered
815 Posts
I agree with everything you say except about the herdstone-my L1 is carrying the shard. We're you advising to drop it, or just drop some shamen if I didnt have it?
Nope, I missed it.

At the moment I'm really drunk and watching Jaws 2, so I don't have much else to say.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Find a way to protect your BSB and Lv4 at ALL COSTS... then field all the models you want! If either of those two go down then the effectiveness of the entire army is reduced greatly. Also, if you are not giving your BSB the beast banner give him a ward save!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts