Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Archite of Caerbannog
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Question:

Is it always in effect or do I declare when they drink from it? I know if I use its effects then they can be used against me but suppose I find a new target, and I dont want it to take effect - do I have that option of "turning it on" and "off" for different targets or is it a done deal, its always in effect?

I am taking a closer look at this wargear, I have an idea...

**Nevermind** The codex reads as if it is always on.

Not to waste a thread how about the Hell mask. How would it be used in a group setting? Say a succubus or sybarite with a Hell mask in a unit. How would the mask help? It only helps him right?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Not to waste a thread how about the Hell mask. How would it be used in a group setting? Say a succubus or sybarite with a Hell mask in a unit. How would the mask help? It only helps him right?
Until the squad char is the only alive model of the unit, it does not work at all.

·
Archite of Caerbannog
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, that what I thought.

Here's a thought, Goblet of Spite with the Mask of the Damned. Think about it, you hit with 3+ and if they don't make leadership then they cant hit you...wadda you think?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
KwiKwag said:
Thanks for the reply, that what I thought.

Here's a thought, Goblet of Spite with the Mask of the Damned. Think about it, you hit with 3+ and if they don't make leadership then they cant hit you...wadda you think?
It doesn't work quite like you described. Mask of the Damned is just like Tyranids "The Horror". That is, if the leadership test is failed then the unit cannot make an assault move. Once they're already in close combat, the Mask has no effect. It has no effect on enemy units wishing to consolidate into close combat, either.

Reactions: karantalsis

·
Archite of Caerbannog
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Darn, nevermind then.

Thanks all.:)

·
Karrot Dialysis
1,321 Posts
An inteteresting way to use the goblet of spite is to place it on a reaver succubus, you can then move this squad into base contact with one of yours, whcih is fighting then enemy, you don't charge with the reaver squad, but you can shoot up another target, this then gives your unit in close combat 3+ to hit without affecting your opponents unit at all.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am pretty sure you are are suppose to have a 1inch coherrency between fiendly units. That rule does not apply once you are in cc.

·
Archite of Caerbannog
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
karantalsis said:
An inteteresting way to use the goblet of spite is to place it on a reaver succubus, you can then move this squad into base contact with one of yours, whcih is fighting then enemy, you don't charge with the reaver squad, but you can shoot up another target, this then gives your unit in close combat 3+ to hit without affecting your opponents unit at all.
Interesting idea.

Hey, how about this: The Goblet of Spite on a Hellion Succubus - you can use the "hit-&-run" rule so your enemy can't dog-pile into you.

Watcha think?

·
Registered
138 Posts
karantalsis said:
I mighta missed this I only saw it for enemy units, could you give me a page ref so I can read the wording, thanks.
Sorry. I retract my previous statement. It says you cant move through friendly units, I must of took this as staying 1 inch away. I hate when I make up rules for myself. This made up rule has kept some of my squads out of cover for the fact of not wanting them to bunch up next to other ones already in the cover because I thought I couldn't be btb. Thanks for checking me.

Reactions: karantalsis

·
LO Zealot
1,503 Posts
In all reality, I think the Goblet of Spite is pretty useless.

It makes you hit on 3's, which, giving your squads Wyche Weapons, you should already be doing anyway. And now you're allowing things like Tau and IG, or worse, marines, to hit you more often. The only ones it really benefits is Warriors, Bikes, and Hellions in combat with other WS4 troops, but I don't think the boon you recieve is justified.

And using advanced strategies like putting it on bikes and touching squads in combat may only come into play once in a blue moon. It's probably better just to save the points and invest in extra warriors or agonisers instead.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
MobiusPrime said:
It makes you hit on 3's, which, giving your squads Wyche Weapons, you should already be doing anyway.
The WS effect that Wych Weapons have is entirely defensive. It doesn't help Wyches' attacks.

·
LO Zealot
1,503 Posts
Ostsol said:
The WS effect that Wych Weapons have is entirely defensive. It doesn't help Wyches' attacks.
This subject has been beat to death.

In the codex, it is worded to be interpreted that they only work defensively.
In the faq, it is worded that they work both ways.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
In the faq, it is worded that they work both ways.
It is not. Any interpretation to that effect runs into huge problems that i have not seen being addressed properly yet.

E.g. it's exclusively about multiple combats. Even if the rest of it could be read to say that wych weapons work both ways (which it can not due to even more problems), it wouldn't have any bearing on 1vs1 combats of a wych unit against a single target unit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts