Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all,

I have a quick couple of questions that maybe fairly simple but Google and the rule books was unable to help me with (I expect I just missed the info) so if anyone has the time to reply that would be great.
My friend and I recently started playing the warhammer battle for skull pass start set after 20 or so years out of the warhammer world.

Most things are fine but just have a few quick questions mainly concerning goblin spider riders J

1. Goblin spider rider point cost (and I spose other cavalry units) is the point cost including the giant spider? I assume it as otherwise they wouldn’t be a spider rider? I understand some mounts do cost extra such as when its a champion or boss etc and you have the option to put them on a mount for X amount of points.
2. Goblin spider rider attacks – let’s say in this example I have 10 spider riders 2 ranks of 5 with a champion am I right in saying I get 11 attacks from the goblins (5 of each row as they have spears and 1 extra from the champion)?
3. Goblin spider rider attacks – After the goblins themselves have attacked can I assume the front row of spiders then gets to attack so I get 5 spiders attacking as well? Do all mounts get this attack option (such as horses or cold ones)
4. Poison Attacks – the goblin books state it’s the spider that only has the poison attack but in the rule book poisons are discussed as being on blades (fair enough) is it only the spiders that get the poison attack or is it just the goblin riders or is it both?
5. Goblin spider riders charging, do I get any bonuses for charging into a group of dwarf gunners? I would assume as they had guns and I was mounted and attacking them I would have an advantage as well as when they defend against me using the hand weapon they carry do I get extra advantages other than my shield and mount? I only ask as i charged into 10 dward gunners killed 2 but when they came to do anything they killed 2 of my guys and then made me flee :) seemed a little unfair as i would of thought goblin spider riders were designed for smacking into range troops and upsetiing them.
6. Artillery – specifically the dwarf canon. This was shot and then rolled for to see how much extra it went. This landed smack in the middle of my troops then the dice was rolled again to determine how much it rolled/bounced after. If you roll a misfire at the bounce stage does that mean it was a proper misfire and you need to roll a d6 and refer to the misfire table? Or does it just stop the canon ball dead in the ground with no roll/bounce?

Thanks in advance for any help – very nice forum I expect it will be my home.

Cheers, SOS

·
quik-quik, kill-kill!
2,651 Posts
1 When you buy goblin spider riders, the mounts are included in the cost. It would be a bit weird to buy boarboyz for example without getting the boars.
2 Spears work differently on mounted troops than infantry. ( small rulebook, page 56 ). When mounted troops have spears they get +1 strenght on the charge. The spears basically act as small lances. So you will get 6 attacks from the 5 goblins including champion.
3 Yes, the front row of spiders gets to attack too. So thats another 5 attacks in addition to the goblins' attacks.
4 The spiders have poisoned attacks, and the goblins do not. That's why it says 'spiders only' ;) The rulebook just gives an example of something that usually has poison.
5 When you charge your goblins ( not the spiders ) will get a +1 strenght bonus from their spears. It is not suprising you didn't wipe the thunderers off the table, because they are possibly the most resilient missileunit in the game, especially when they have shields. They are stronger than most rank and file of other races.
6 When he rolls a misfire on the first roll ( to add x inch to his guess ) then he has to roll on the misfire table. But when he rolls a misfire on the second roll the cannonball just gets stuck in the mud or something similar.

Pleasure helping you

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
:eek:

1. spider riders come with the spider mount yes. Only with characters do you have to buy mounts seperate, so that you can choose not to bring a mount.
2. 10 spider riders 2 ranks: Only the front rank fights, not the second rank (spear weaponrules are different for infantry and cavalry) spears for cavalry give the goblins +1 strength on the charge
this will be 5A from goblins +1A from champion, +5 attacks from the spiders (11 total),
3. yes the mounts get to fight aswell, only the front rank unless some special rule says otherwise
4. poisoned attacks, in the case of spiders, replace the term poisoned blades with poisoned fangs
5. hehe.. spider riders are not really good at charging enemy units bigger than 5 guys, they like to charge warmachines, or to charge someone in the flank. No bonuses, except You get +1 strength because of spears. the dwarfs get to fire their guns while you charge and then they switch to their normal swords and axes.
6. cannons: second roll a misfire means it gets stuck in the ground and stops there

welcome to LO
can use some proper goblin chiefs

edit- doh! i allready regret not mentioning how much i hate short little bearded fellas!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank u for the info - i think we had it right but wasnt aware of the different spear rules

Thanks for the quick and informative reply.

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
no it does not.
there are two sets of rules for spears, one for infantry and one for cavalry.
Wolf riders with spears get +1 strength the turn they charge

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
no it does not.
there are two sets of rules for spears, one for infantry and one for cavalry.
Wolf riders with spears get +1 strength the turn they charge
This is correct. Check the wargear section of the rulebook for further details, but this is basically it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts