Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any god combinations that people particularly dislike playing against? Until recently the only god i knew i wanted to use was Tzeentch (my favourite of the four) but the idea has grown on me to do a Khorne/Tzeentch army.
My idea is to take a Sorcerer lord and a regular sorcerer with marks of Tzeentch and two Exalted heroes with marks of Khorne, the fluff behind my army being that one of the Khorne characters believes himself to be the General of the army and is keeping the sorcerers around only as long as they prove themselves useful while he is actually being manipulated by the Sorcerer lord to achieve Lord Tzeentch's (and his own) goals.

will people dislike this combination of gods because of its CC and magic strength? or will they not mind as the characters and any other unit i decide to give the MoK to will be frenzied and so may end up chasing cheap units around the board if i dont protect them from their own bloodlust?
aside from the characters i haven't decided what other units will recieve the marks of either god yet, for a double-edged sword the MoK is expensive

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dislike playing against? ... Hard question. As far as i know, people are afraid of khorne knights and tzeentch lord with Infernal Gateway. But these two things are not so much fun to play WITH :) You can play marks as you want, many players thinks in way, that khorne is best for our cavalry, slaanesh for cheap block units, tzeentch for lvl4 and lvl2 carrying a puppet, slaanesh for lvl4, nurgle for lvl2 buboes, khorne on jugger for BSB.... but there are many other builds and every mark is useful on every unit in some way.
For me, nothing is better than slaanesh and tzeentch alliance :)

·
All Cav WoC General
693 Posts
It depends on how you kit them out and what the rest of the army consists of. Having the two sorcerers means you probably wont have a super strong magic phase, but it will still be quite good. The best way i've found to make a combat heavy and magic heavy army is with this Lord/Hero selection:

Chaos Lord
Mark of Nurgle, Shield, Steed
Chaos Runesword, Amour of Damnation.
Word of Agony

Nigh untouchable in combat, and deals the damage of a dragon.

Chaos Sorcerer
Mark of Tzeentch, Level 2, Disc
Infernal Puppet, Talisman of Protection
Bloodcurdling Roar

Chaos Sorcerer
Mark of Nurgle, Level 2, Chariot
Power Familiar, Book of Secrets

Chaos Sorcerer
Mark of Nurgle, Level 2, Chariot
Blasphemous Amulet, Dispel Scroll

with this setup you get 10 Power Dice, 5 Dispel Dice, two buboes snipers, two chariots, a Flying/harrassing/cav killing sorcerer that protects your sorcerers from miscasts and an extremely powerful lord.

Although it doesn't fit your theme, it does fit your 2 in 1 Magic/Combat idea.

But it does add up to roughly 1200 points.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, i'll probably try that as an alternate theme. my two main warhammer playing friends are building their own chaos armies, one intends to do a Slaanesh/Nurgle army and the other intends to do either a Slaanesh/Tzeentch or Nurgle/Tzeentch army so i want to do something a little different, though Nurgle is my second favourite god there's something appealing about Khorne too. i mostly play magic heavy lists with my other army so i like the idea of having equal measures of magic and combat abilities.

what would you suggest to make a Khorne/Tzeentch army more fun to play with? i have enough maraurders, warriors and knights to make two units of each and 5 chosen. plus i have the resources to get whatever i need to add to the army

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.