Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of weapon is a demo charge? – Is it one or two handed?
I’m leaning towards neither, as it could be wargear – as that's where the entry in the codex (IG) is that lists it’s rules, however if it’s wargear can I then assault after using it? I’d assume not since it’s ordenance, but not sure.

P.s. Relevant for a Lt Shaeffers man (I love them, but they keep on confusing me for RAW)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
If you look on pg34 of the IG codex, it says that the model may move on the turn it throws the charge. Since its not actually listed specifically as either wargear or weapon, I would just count it as gear.
;Y

·
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you look on pg34 of the IG codex, it says that the model may move on the turn it throws the charge. Since its not actually listed specifically as either wargear or weapon, I would just count it as gear.
Yep, have read that,
My query is:
1) Since i can give them 1x 2handed and 1x 1handed how many hands is it?
2) if it's actually wargear, can i then assault my targets on the turn I throw it? (assuming everyones still about)

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
Well there is some contradictory information here (I know big surprise right?), under the Demolition Charge entry in the IG codex P.34 it clearly states that after the Demolition Charge is used that the model using it is replaced with a model armed with the basic weapon for the squad.

However, under the Special Weapon Support Squad entry in IG codex P.39 where it describes weapon options, it states that a model may replace its weaponry with one of the special weapons (which Demo Charge is included in).

So in one section it states that it replaced and in the other it indicates that it adds it on. The best that I can come up with is that until the model uses the Demo Charge that is the only weapon that they have; however, once they use the charge then the will be equipped with standard weaponry for that squad.

As for charging after using the Demo Charge, it specifically lays out the situations when you can’t charge after firing a weapon (BGB P.36) and firing an ordinance weapon is not one of them.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
It is wargear, you can throw it and charge, although most people use it on deep strike units, and thus can not charge the turn they use it.

It is, as Platypus points out, wargear, it wont take up weapon slots (as in 1 handed/2handed limitations

Again as Platypus points out, the wargear says you replace it with a basic trooper, this would cover off schafers easily, the other ussage, that again Platypus points out, is in the Special weapons squad, that clearly says it replaces the standard weapons, but that doesnt supercede the wargear entry, so the guy has a demo charge only, until he uses it and then he magically grows a lasgun!

or if you prefer the RAI interpretation, clearly the special weapons squad section entry is framed more for plasma guns, meltas etc, they clearly didnt intend to hit the demo charge

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
Hi,
I agree that the IG model only has use of that one shot weapon until its expended, then you replace that model with another that is armed with basic weaponry – if you have one spare, if not then its removed from play.
(Wargear book page 45.)

So the “handedness” doesn’t matter and since it’s a shooting attack replacement that allows movement, charging is allowed by that model.

Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.