Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the upcoming Baltimore Games day, I want to enter a squad of 6 Dark Angels and a Razorback. One of the Marines will have the DA Plasma Cannon and the Sgt. will be one of the DA vet. sgts, the ones with the robes, and will have a combi-plasma gun from the commander sprue. The Razorback itself will have the Forge World plates, but I'm not sure wether to use the bolters or lascannons. If there is anything else, icons, etc., that anyone can think of that I could put on to make the squad stand out more, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Use the lascannons, they seem more appropiate.

The only other suggestion is maybe the chapter specific rhino doors, other than that I can't think of anything.

Good Luck!

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
If you have not got them allready, get the *Shoulder pads* click for info.

I would advoce you make the it a narrative piece. Not "just" a squad of Dark Angels out waging war.
Why not have a fallen one as a prisoner or as a corps on the ground? Maybe have a Fallen chained to the wall inside the Razorback and the Sergant interrogating him while the marines are searching for others/ trying to get in contact with headquarters.

I think it's nice to have more to such a displaypiece then just the mere basics.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That is a good idea Andusciassus, although i don't know if that might be categorized as open competition with the seargent interrogating the fallen. It might be more appropriate to have the fallen as a corpse for squad.

It doens't matter whether you take the botlers or lascannon, really which one you think will be easier to paint or which one will have greater detail. Its up to you.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. I was already planning on using the Forge World Dark Angel's doors for the Razorback and giving the squad the shoulder pads. I'm probably going to go with the lascannon, it balances more with the rest of the vehicle. In response to Andusciassus, I looked through the previous winners and didn't see anything like what you are suggesting, which leads me to believe that it belongs in a different section of the contest. Again, thanks.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Dam it... I was going to do that for my conflict oh well... I spose it isnt really taking your idea, but do you mind if i borrow it??? Im going to use d.a veteran models for all and use a commander and gs robes on him.

·
Registered
788 Posts
if you use fallen, chain them to the front of the tank... you can say they do that as a warning to those that may be considering 'falling':shifty: That way they are also more trophies and probably wont count as a 'conflict'

·
907 Posts
if this is a normal dark angels squad then don't include any of the fallen

as only the inner circle know about them and would send either the deathwing or the raven wing to battle them.

now as for the models themselves for a golden deamon entry you'll want to convert each of these models.

the vet sgt id suggest a running pose with a long bladed sword with it either being held over the head in both hands or left shoulder leading and the sword held two handed in the upright position and held at shoulder height (the hilt that is).

reposition the marines so that each has a unique pose, eg running with a bolter held one handed.

another kneeling with the bolter up in the shoulder.

for the heavy plasma cannon have him firing a ball of plasma at their opponents.

to achieve this get a skull model and file it till it isin a cone shape flatten the tip of the cone and pin this into the barrel (you'll have to drill this out as well).
next take some GS and add it to the base of the cone covering the pin and have whisps coming off this, as well as the ball, to achieve the wisps off of the ball use some ploy glue and let it set for a while then using tweezers pull some of the melted plastic away from the skull head (remember to have it streaking away from the direction of flight)

well thats what i would do for this squad.

p.s. you'll probably have to add a armature to the plastic models to get them into the best position. im assuming that you know how to do this if not then pm me and i'll take you through it.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Re the razorback - I have these is spades, I have to say, for all, game wise, las canons are preferable, for Golden Demon and painting effect I prefer the HBs, the ammo feed makes it look much more effective.

I would also consider, if you went down the las cannon route, building a small turret (think erm, you are ammerican right? think Bradley

1 - 10 of 10 Posts