Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the good things about tyranids?

i have seen them in battles alot of times and they barely ever win.

is this because they are a rubbish army or is it because of the people using them? if it is the people using them then what do you need to do to do well using tyranids?

·
Registered
379 Posts
People are bad using them. Tyranids have among the games best CC units, hordes of cheap and good units, lots of flexibility and a coolness factor. Their artilliary is really great AI and they are very mobile and tough.

·
Registered
129 Posts
what other army can get 180 wounds for 600 points? none! thats 3.3333333 points per wound! nothin! trust me, its hard to kill 180 wounds in a 90 point hq choice (thats three warriors with nothing but 2 pairs of scything talons) and you got a 690 point army thats quite difficult to defeat with 690 points of anything else in 6 turns.... no? gotta get 30 wounds each turn to do it, not impossible, but difficult, oh, sorry, im blabing about the greatness of rippers

·
Registered
401 Posts
Cover stops Nids from dying from mass Las gun fire,
Tyrant guard can take the hits for the important Nids Like hivetyrants and carnifex's
Lictors jumping out and assualting frontal units, blocking lines of site from all the troops behind... stops mass lascannon and las gun fire

But the main thing that minimises the loss from Mass lasgun fire is getting into CC combat quickly!

if a nid army is fast enough it should be in close combat by at least turn 2 with is fast units and turn 3 with the rest (dam i wish Carnifex's could have wings :huh: )

The nids that you see getting beat all the time probably dont use any of the above tactics and thats why they die :(

·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i have an army that can get wounds for 3 points each!!! grots!!! beat that.

ok another problem i have found is that the hormagaunts go outside of the synapse range and dont do anything they are meant to. how do you stop this?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Then you are playihng badly. Its not hard at all to keep one synapse creature within 12 inches of the unit. Remember - its 12 inches of the UNIT. As long as ONE of the little guys is within 12 inches of your warrior the entire detachment of 32 is fine.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hive Nodes help allot aswell, even if theres no synapse around, the little guys are still easy to controll :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
does anyone know if GW are bringing out plastic gargoyles, cus i really need 32 of the little things, and i cant even afford 2 metal ones.

Shame some ppl give adives to the poor that cant afford good models :(

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
ok i have an army that can get wounds for 3 points each!!! grots!!! beat that.
Rippers have way better statlines (better WS, better S, better T, better I, better Ld/fearless), and they can have some weapons which actually cause damage.

ok another problem i have found is that the hormagaunts go outside of the synapse range and dont do anything they are meant to. how do you stop this?
Two words: Hive node.

Generally, many tyranid players have the same mistake in their army list: They put way too many upgrades on their gaunts. They didn't recognize the strength of a horde.

jwu

·
Registered
129 Posts
ditto, archon astroroth, grots are not nearly as good as rippers (rippers are only 1/3 point more expensive)

KKK, i dont know why you think tyranids are bad, One of my favourite things about them is that they can be very diverse, they have alot of options at thier disposal, I win by having alot of diffrent units on the board, each pose a fair threat, and together, they win the battle, as someone said before, combat is what we're all about, with support from Zoanthoropes (one of my favourite units) and Bio-vores(another awesome unit) we can shoot pretty well too. every unit, excluding the carnifex, can have movement bio-morphs to either fly or leap, Gargoyles can fly 12in, fleet of wing up to six, assault 6, thats 24 in, in two turns, a squad of gargoyles can cover 36 inches of ground. Gaunts move fast too, fleet of claw is really helpful, everything moves 3d6 through difficult terrain, every weapon is assault, we have a considerable amount of speed, yes indeed, so what if we dont have any armoured vehicles? we dont need any! what role would they play in a Tyranid army? It wouldn't be a shooty vehicle, and transports aren't needed, (although it would be nice to pile 32 gaunts or 12 genestealers(REALLY NICE) into a massive organic tank and rush up, but we really dont need it, if we did have a transport, it would be really weak) FoR THE SwARM!

Overall, Tyranids have just as much potential to win as any other army, GW's impeccable balancing keeps it that way.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Originally posted by Haemogod@Nov 19 2003, 05:18
does anyone know if GW are bringing out plastic gargoyles, cus i really need 32 of the little things, and i cant even afford 2 metal ones.

Shame some ppl give adives to the poor that cant afford good models :(
You need to get on E-bay. 10 of them went for $30 last week.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Anyway!

Tyranids should be quite easy to use. All you do is just swarm him, with tons of troops saving the extremerly hard to kill stuff for your big guys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.