Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K, it's finished and has suffered a baptism of fire against a 1000pt necron amry with the nightbringer.

What can i say, fire warriors are awesome. The ctan walked slowly across the battlefield and died to copncentrated pulse rifle/fusion blaster/railgun (only 1) fire, and then the necron soldiers just died cause they were not pumped up at all. His lord didn't even have an invulnerable save cause all the points went on mr big target.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Good for you. Thats the thing with those armies, let them come to you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i can't wait till my next game. Will be tomorrow against an imp guard army, and he got 2 basalisks. How i going to take then out? He's awesome at guessing ranges...

Ideas anyone please?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Deep stike as much as you can, that or get with in 36 inches then he has to start moving them back because those things do have a minimum range.

See this is where you use gun drones, you deep strike 8 of them right next to any lightly armored tank and you blow it up, you need 6s to penitrate and 5s to glance + its open toped so they shouldnt do half bad at killing them. You run those little babies around back and let the reak havok amongst those ranks.

I would take 2 squads of 8 gundrones, deep strike them

2 mounted squads of fire warriors (if you can)

A hammerhead with rail gun

and some crisis suits.

You need to stay fast and mobile in this game.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'd scrap the gundrones and get some stealthsuits in there. They have that jetpack, a better save, a better weapon, harder to kill, and they're more intimidating. I almost forgot to mention the marker light. Even if you miss all the shots, and only make that one, it's all that matters.

I'd say have about 20 firewarriors, and what you saved there on faster moving crap.

it might also be useful to cut one of those ugly red measuring sticks that come with the game into 2" pieces. You could fit them in between all the models and really make sure you get the maximum distance from all your models to avoid suffering maximum casualties from the blasts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.