Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a dissapointing night!!

First time in 2 months that I played and got whooped by orcs and goblins!

I had the following,

King in with my 20 Tguard,
3 lp

20 skellies
12 archers
tomb scorpion
10 light cav
4 chariots
3 carion
SSC

My first turn I moved my Carrion into position and encanted a charge into one of his chariots thinking I had 40" of charge range. I know I'm an idiot but I have never charged with Carrion before and assumed flying models did double their flying movement. THey got demolished on the bottom of Turn 1. Next my SSC made it's debut by misfiring on it's very first turn!

The rest of the game went from bad to worse!! My TG got baited around the board, my SSC misfired again on it's first available turn to shoot again, my chariots got hit by his rock lobba, my skellies just sat still.

I was playing on a 4X6 board, I have never played on a board that big before. Oh yeah, I burried my tomb scorpion by his rock lobba and spear chucka, he countered by backing up his night goblins to within 8 inches of my marker so when I emerged his fanatics popped out and ate him up!

I got desperate at one point and moved my heirophant with the cloak near my chariots to rush them into combat only to have him get destroyed the next turn.

Probably the worst game I've played.

I learned the following:

1. Flying creatures can only charge 20 inches.
2. Don't burry my Tomb scorpion
3. If I invest 1/4 of my 2000 army in one unit I better get them into combat.
4. split up my 10 light cav into 2- 5horse units.
5. Have a healthy supply of cold beer ready for when I get home ;Y

Lanny May

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would still bury your scrops but i would try to bait out his fanatics with your carrion before they appear. If you can have one fly out either at his war machines or at another unit its always a laugh.

But in a small game a "super unit" per say really needs to get into CC or make its points back in other ways, if you are running both cav and a super unit then slam the cav into them and tar pit them for a few turns while your unit gets there? Sure you lose the cav unit but there stuck in the middle of the board waiting for a charge...

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
I dont have a Calcultor on me at the moment, but written like that your list looks really small... unless youve just missed off a Casket or something.
Anyway, unlucky with the game, but it is a learning curve, and as youve said, you did learn. So probably not as unsucceffful a game as you first thought.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yep, a friend of mine told me when I started out:

Expect to lose the first 20 Fantasy games if you are a beginner and the first 10 if it is with a new army.

There is no shame in this, I'm sure most of us lost our first games too!

I would get rid of the 10 Horsemen, and the skele block and use two 15 blocks of Archers to defent the flanks of your TG instead and give some ranged support. Try to get in 5 Carrion if you can and definatly bury the scorpion they are most useful, or run it forward to draw out the fanatics, as they will still only be woulding it on a 4+ even if they reach it.

Will

·
Registered
62 Posts
true...I only won once with the demo edition against a instructor (6th edition) and once with my vamps against another player (dwarfs) in a match where i was VERY lucky (95% of my saves succeeded, so my wraith who I had given a ward save, was almost invincible) but other than that I think I lost about 20 games, if not more :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.