Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's amazing what you can find on Amazon. Every time I typed in Warhammer in the search box I would never see anything old or interesting but in my diggings I found a complete, new in box pewter Grail Reliquae for $58. It was listed under "Forgeworld, Warhammer 40k Grail". I almost couldnt believe my luck, but after contacting the seller and confirming that it was pewter, I placed my order.

So excited about scratching this off my list.

So, any word from any Bret veterans about how well Reliquaes work in 2000+ point battles? Are they effective tarpits?

·
Registered
201 Posts
In my experience they make wonderful tarpits. Now some people my agrue the validity of their use based on points, but then again points are gonna be an issue with anything in the Bret book at this point. They have never let me down in any of the instances that I have taken them. I would suggest converting up more pilgrims though, as the small the number that come with the box won't be super effective.

Great job finding it by the way! I got my metal one awhile back, and I'm so happy i did, because the model would be a finecast nightmare haha.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I love my GR and take it whenever I have my GKs. I added 6 more pilgrims to it, so it is the best tarpit we have with the hatred and stubborn, they hold much better than a pile of [email protected] Plus, it is a really great model and a real sweet find for you!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It just came in the mail today!

I am super psyched about it, GW still sells metal pilgrims on its website, so I too have six more coming.

image.jpg

Reactions: battle_pilgrim

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
I think they are a good tarpit for other standard core units. But the moment they get hit by the heavy guys, its all over.
They just have worse human stats and that is the downside.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I think they are a good tarpit for other standard core units. But the moment they get hit by the heavy guys, its all over.
They just have worse human stats and that is the downside.
Very true. You cannot send them against a killer unit, but against most standard troops, they hold great until you can flank some ponies into the battle.

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
Well I managed to kill belekor with a unit of peasants over 3 rounds of combat.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess Belakor couldnt stand up to the sheer might of the peasants. I would say they earned their copper that day lol. Any other heroic peasant stories where they earned glory?

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
Well that's the best they have done. But many times they have held on grinding down. I guess 60 of them does that.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
During a tourney a few years back at my FLGS, my trusty (albeit, usually a let down) [email protected] took a stegadon head-on, caused enough wounds on some lucky rolls, and then some unlucky rolls caused the stegadon to break, only to be chased down. The Peasants took that round in glorious fashion. Unfortunately, the rest of the battlefield was not so lucky as the knights suffered from a severe case of 'dropped lance' syndrome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts