Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i want a grand master but i am not sure how or where to get one. i want it to have a NFW and storm bolter but i am not sure where i can buy one that isnt stern or just a normal terminator with stuff on it. please explain to me what you guys did and how i could get a really kool GKGM.

thanks

Stern Shall Live On!

·
Registered
188 Posts
There isent a GM-specific model, so most people use either the B-C Stern model, or take the brother-captain model that comes with a squad of terminators and add decorations to it.

75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i no i am just trying to find aother way to make it really special and kool. but how do they decorate the brother captian cuz i tryed and it doesnt look very kool.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Well, a good paint job is really the only thing that I think looks good on grey knights. Heavy conversion with GK usually ends up looking too overloaded and crowded. Painting intricately however allows better and easier customization. If you really want the GM to stand out, I would reccomend putting him on a lavishly decorated base, perhaps one slightly larger than the one he is on. IMO, I cant think of a better model to represent a grandmaster than the BC stern model.
Also, use spell check next time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
you could always just take a regular plastic SM terminator and convert that up real nice. At least its plastic and you can work with that a lot easier then metal.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I converted one GM model from the Stern model. I added some miscellaneous =][= iconography (the Inquisitor range is great for this - the models are too big for 40K's scale, but the accessory bits work wonders) and added artificial wings taken from an Eldar Swooping Hawk Exarch (they look like metal constructs, as opposed to natural ones that you might get from a fantasy or angelic figure).

A second model, which I use almost exclusively now, is based off of the GKT Brother-Captain model. I replaced the stormbolter with a psycannon, for one. Then I drilled a hole into the top of his backpack/vent area and put part of Eisenhorn's staff (again from the Inquisitor range) into it - he basically has a short banner pole, but instead of a banner it has a larger-than-human skull surrounded by a spiked halo. That, plus more Inquisitor iconography (seriously, great stuff for sprucing up ANY DH or WH model). This is my absolute favorite model for 40K, converted or otherwise.

EDIT: Just uploaded a pic of the second conversion to the LO Gallery here.

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
mEGALOMANIAC said:
EDIT: Just uploaded a pic of the second conversion to the LO Gallery here.
Very nice. I've been avoiding conversion work because I'm lazy. But ... you may have just made the case that I change my ways.

75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JuliusGaiusCaesar said:
Well, a good paint job is really the only thing that I think looks good on grey knights. Heavy conversion with GK usually ends up looking too overloaded and crowded. Painting intricately however allows better and easier customization. If you really want the GM to stand out, I would reccomend putting him on a lavishly decorated base, perhaps one slightly larger than the one he is on. IMO, I cant think of a better model to represent a grandmaster than the BC stern model.
Also, use spell check next time.
out of all of em' i like your base thing. (if there are any actual models that people use please tell me that). thats what i will do i will make him stand on a mountain of daemon bodies! my 5 friends are chaos so that'll work. i probabally wont paint it different.

·
722 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what colour scheme are you using for your GM and termies?

Mine is somewhat different as i have painted all their armour plating black and the most of the model has a gold/silver trim and the cloaks are a dark red (red gore with blood red highlights). I will try and post a picture as soon as i can.

Also, on the note of conversions, how do i go about converting a couple or termies to carry storm shields and thunderhammers as i want two in my 5 man squad.

Regards

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
brother-captian stern said:
thats what i will do i will make him stand on a mountain of daemon bodies! my 5 friends are chaos so that'll work.
Heh. :) That could look pretty cool! Be sure to post a pic.

·
The Demagogue
485 Posts
I'm thinking using the inquisitor couteaz as a base model then somehow converting off of that would be pretty awesome looking.

75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Captain.Snowball said:
Just out of curiosity, what colour scheme are you using for your GM and termies?

Mine is somewhat different as i have painted all their armour plating black and the most of the model has a gold/silver trim and the cloaks are a dark red (red gore with blood red highlights). I will try and post a picture as soon as i can.

Also, on the note of conversions, how do i go about converting a couple or termies to carry storm shields and thunderhammers as i want two in my 5 man squad.

Regards
well i think your askin me and i dont mean to brag but mine look exactly like the ones in the codex except that they have silver weapons instead of black but i will change that when i get my new army.

75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
number6 said:
Heh. :) That could look pretty cool! Be sure to post a pic.
well first off i might of exagerated i only have 4 friends w/ chaos and it may be just a hill lol but it will look tight(kool) and i hope i figure out how to post pix on this thing. if u know how then please tell me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
to answer Captain.Snowball, i would suggest talking to one of your SM friends (we all have them. And if you dont, go into ur hobbyshop/GW) and ask if they have any extra SS&TH bits, seeing as they come with 5, and most people only want 1 as lightning claws are often seen as better.

then just cut the hilt of the NFW, and put the the top half of the hammer there, and cut the SB and put on the SS. pretty easy actually.

glad i could b of help

75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Captain.Snowball said:

Regards
well basically u get 5 hammers and 5 sheilds and put those arms on instead i of the NFW and SB.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
brother-captian stern said:
well basically u get 5 hammers and 5 sheilds and put those arms on instead i of the NFW and SB.
That would give you GKT that don't have GKT shoulderpads or heraldry, which is a bit of a problem.

I suggest listening to Halls - I did basically the same and it works fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts