Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First of all, I apologize if this thread is in a wrong section, but I thought that I could find some help here since GE are an very appreciated by High Elves players.

I was wondering if anybody had purchased GameZoneMiniature's Great Eagles. I was thinking of getting a pair of them, since they're cheaper than GW's (without shipping, at least) and I do like the poses, but before doing something I might regret, I would like to hear some opinions. Material, pose, dimension, sculpt quality and so on. Any tips would be really appreciated.

Regards,
LoreSeeker

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
I'm actually looking into buying these myself, together with the fantastic hero model with a phoenix. I think the poses speak for themselves (brilliant in my oppinion), though not having seen one in real life I can't say anything on the quality of the models.

If you decide to buy, please let me know what you think. :dance:

Regards,

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, the Eagles' poses are really dinamyc, way cooler than GW's ones IMO. I'm not a great fan of the hero though, looks too much like an elvened-chaos warrior for me.

I'm still pretty unsure about buying those Eagles, buying them without any infos about them except for those 2-3 images would be quite hazardous I guess. I might even try to write to the company for infos one of these days, another good way for practicing my german :) Anyways, I'll let you know if I get any useful infos or even the Eagles themselves.

·
659 Posts
Their beautiful models. I've got a couple on order through our store, but the people they ship through require a "substantial" order before it can be placed, so I've been waiting a while for mine.

Their perfect scale for the game, and when painted up are just spectacular.

Reactions: LoreSeeker

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
I just got my shipment the other day, and I'm very happy with two of the eagles. The last one, well let's just say it's just as spectacular as the other two, but it's a pain in a certain place to attach it to a base. I'm talking about the one with it's claws back and stooping forward with it's wings.

I just can't make it hold still, it continuously fall forwards.

If any of you have any hints, please let me know.

Regards,

·
2,244 Posts
Have you tried mounting it to the back of the base, a bit like the dragon model, along that chariot base.

I think that should work but may involve drilling out the back of the base and maybe glueing some lead there if necessary, (a hammered flat sinker for fishing would work).

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
Unfortunately, that's not the problem. The base isn't falling with it, but it won't stick to the base at all due to the tiny, tiny piece of metal supposed to attach to the base. I'll see if I can post some pics to explain later.

Regards,

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
Did you try to pin the model to teh base? I ALWAYS pin modles like Dragons, Eagles, Griffons, etc etc, unless they have a large peg to glue to the base, or unless they are plastic (the later Imrik's dragon for example)

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
Be ready to use some green stuff, probably lots of it. Pinning doesn't work on these models as their bodies are hollow. The wings don't always "fit" quite and they come with no bases but some transparent, cavalry-sized ones. Gap filling is required.

I reccomend you use 50mm bases, as no on really cares wether you use 40mm or 50mm, to get better balance (or the highest model might tip).

They look really astounding, and if you are looking for only one or two, buy number one and two, they are the easiest to assemble and to attach to bases.

Regards,

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
What I want to know is what these models are used for? is there a game that uses these? and are these hollow resin models?

·
2,244 Posts
I think that they are based fairly closely on the warhammer game. When you look at the site most all the miniatures relate fairly closely to a warhammer unit, not all warhammer units are there, but there are no extras.

I don't quite know how they get away with it, it seems pretty close to some kind of copyright or intellectual property or something like that.

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
As long as the models are fairly generic etc it should be fine. When they start treading the fine line in terms of naming etc - that gets a little dodgier. I think that the Dark Elves are close to being very contentious...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.