Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've read my post in the tactics forum, you probably guessed I play a Khorne cult army. Ive got everything I need so far; rhinos, lots of 'zerks, lesser daemons, raider, command etc... Everything except a centerpiece.

For that I want to convert my own blood thirster. Here's "the plan"...

I'm going to use the bare chest torso and skull tabard legs from the daemon prince, with the wood elven guy's head (Orion). With arms and a suitably big axe of course. Ill change the legs so it looks like he's just setting down from a glide, one leg fully extended, one bent up. His axe will be two handed, and held near the head. For wings, I want to use feathery wings. Big feathery wings. I want him to cast a shadow on the models he's about to destroy (and destroy he will... Muhahahhaahhaa).

I'm running into a problem with the axe and arms. I can't find some suitable arms (unarmored), or a suitable axe head/shaft. Ive been experimenting with the epoxy putty GW puts out, and might consider sculpting the arms.

Another thing I'm worried about is size. I haven't seen any of the daemon prince models in person, so I'm not sure about the size. Its a bloodthirster after all, gota make it big big big.

Leme know what you think of "the plan", any other model parts you think would work good/better, and anything else relevant.

Thanks in advance,

Klaak, humble servant of Khorne. BFTBG

·
Registered
2 Posts
The DP is not very big so you don`t want to use him. Maybe you could use some parts from the Balrog and maybe take a axe from a DP. The minotaurs have some real big axes, I know one of the models use a big two handed axe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats a good idea Killmore. I think ill use that one, danke. Kind of a floating charge, dragging a foot in the dirt behind, while in mid swing of the axe.

As far as the parts to use, im probly gona snag the old thirster model from a friend and get some bits from GW. Thanks for the info HAT. My shopping list includes wings (feathery), a two hander axe, and lots of skulls/khorne icons. Im debating on wether or not to replace the existing head with a more human one; trying to get a fallen angel vibe going with it.

I think the electoral count griffon has the largest wings of any model, so ill probly use those. Anyone know if thats true?

BFTBG, great site to whoever is runnin it :D and thanks again for the reply's. Ill try and post some pics when i start building.

·
Registered
60 Posts
no the griffons wings arent that big, the greater deamon of tzeentz wings are bigger. For a human head, maybe try an inq. head, maybe a deamon host head or something.

·
Lurking in the dark
549 Posts
w00t??!!

as an old warhammer & wrpg player I have to say: w00t???!!!!

a bloodthirster with feathery wings??

hmpf! that's like a...dwarven wizard ;)

or an elf with short hair... or a gay elf..no wait, they are gay 8)

the changer of ways has feathery wing, the minions of the brass throne have _leathery_ wings.

egocentric and narrowminded? me?

hehe

·
Registered
485 Posts
As a old Epic Chaos player, I totally agree with you Cryo

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
As, well, someone who just plays Chaos, I also agree that Khornate Daemons (especially the Bloodthirster) should not have feathery wings.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Stay away from feathers!!! My roommate and I put together one of the new daemon princes with 'thirster wings last week (pics to come when he gets it painted) for his chaos army. It looks more massive than a Bloodthirster by far, and really looks cool. I also converted one for a friend with the fantasy plastic dragon wings. The dragon wings look really cool, but the Bloodthirster wings look even better.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I agree the bloodthirster wings are by far more detailed than plastic dragon wings, and they do look better than feather wings...definantly!

Right now I got plans to convert a raptor squad with wings, not some whossy jet pack things but wings, real wings...ok not "real" wings...
Got any suggestion on what wings I could use that would not be to enormous...and expencive...

Eztrovia!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ALSO PLAY KHORNE. THE CONVERSION THA TYOU WANT TO DO SOUNDS REALLY COMPLICATED. AND IF YOU ASK ME IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT HALD OF SOME REAL $. THAT IS PROBABLY GONNA COST A PREATTY PENNY.
WELL GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.