Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of getting a Rapid Insertion Force, and deepstriking a bunch of Crisis Suits behind an enemy Super Heavy and wiping it out. If I'm lucky, the squad will survive multiple rounds for even more enemy-disrupting fun.
First, does this sound like a good idea?
Second, which has the greatest tank-killing abilities? (A MP/FB, TLFM/TA, or a TLMP/TA?)

Thanks in advance.

·
RAWR! KROXIGOR!!
1,935 Posts
I was thinking of getting a Rapid Insertion Force, and deepstriking a bunch of Crisis Suits behind an enemy Super Heavy and wiping it out. If I'm lucky, the squad will survive multiple rounds for even more enemy-disrupting fun.
First, does this sound like a good idea?
Only if the enemy leaves space to deep strike behind him (if he is smart he will literally cover his arse). You have a better chance flanking their superheavy with 2 Hammerheads meaning it has no where to hide (it can't not expose a flank).

Second, which has the greatest tank-killing abilities? (A MP/FB, TLFM/TA, or a TLMP/TA?)
Firesurge (FB/MP) is the best all rounder (anti light, heavy and super tanks at both short and long range). Sunforge (TLFB/TA) is best at short range heavy tank busting. Deathrain is king of long range light tank busting.

·
Gone
1,286 Posts
Suicide sunforge squads (I hypothesize) are really good for enemy artillery. So if you are going against a LOADED IG player, bring the twin-linked fusion blasters.

But if there is no artillery, your guns will match theirs no matter what, so you are better off with broadsides and hammerheads.

Shells for the Shell Throne!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking of dropping them all, ans just concentrating on one Super Heavy's rear armor (Even Baneblades/Warhound shave RA 12). Plus, since I can drop within 6" without scatter, I figure I'll be blowing lots of systems/weapons away, if not destroying it totally.

Plus, the ones that survive the enemies return fire will be able to take on enemy tanks nearby. Also, the ones that fall back come toward my table edge. They'll run right through no-man's land, but it will give them more time to pass a morale check.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
If you're adamant about deepstriking suits, I recommend that you take a Pathfinder Squad, so that you may benefit from the Pathfinder Devilfish. Remember, if you deepstrike within LoS of the "Pathy Fish", you can re-roll your scatter. Pretty spiffy...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you're adamant about deepstriking suits, I recommend that you take a Pathfinder Squad, so that you may benefit from the Pathfinder Devilfish. Remember, if you deepstrike within LoS of the "Pathy Fish", you can re-roll your scatter. Pretty spiffy...
I'm pretty sure with the Rapid Insertion Force that you don't scatter at all.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I'm pretty sure with the Rapid Insertion Force that you don't scatter at all.
Well, the OP wants to DS behind enemy armor. That means the Stealth squad needs to be very near or behind said armor. So unless you Flank March the Stealth Team, you're gonna have to DS them first, then DS the Crisis within the magical 12".

Also good for regular games...

·
Registered
107 Posts
The only reason I want this supposed leaked 5th edition rulebook to be legitimate is because Piranhas will now be useable to charge and ram armor. 5 Piranhas vs Baneblade GO! The Blade will win no contest, but it will still be entertaining.

In terms of DS Crisis Teams, go with fusion blasters + burst cannons and flamers to deal with the ass loads of infantry any decent Guard player keeps around his armor at all times.

·
Stirling
760 Posts
The only reason I want this supposed leaked 5th edition rulebook to be legitimate is because Piranhas will now be useable to charge and ram armor. 5 Piranhas vs Baneblade GO! The Blade will win no contest, but it will still be entertaining.

In terms of DS Crisis Teams, go with fusion blasters + burst cannons and flamers to deal with the ass loads of infantry any decent Guard player keeps around his armor at all times.
Unfortunately, you wont be able to tank shock with Piranhas. You can only tank shock with vehicles classified as a "tank" even in the supposed 5th edition rules. Piranhas are classified as fast and skimmers so I doubt you'll ever be able to use them to tank shock.

·
resident iconoclast
791 Posts
Not to toot my own horn, but this Guide to Crisis Suits should tell you everything you need to know on the subject of Crisis Suits vs. Armour.

Actually, I had completely forgotten that there was a bunch of stuff I still needed to do on this. I'd probably better get on that...

Also, while you can only Tank Shock with tanks, you can Ram with any sort of vehicle--and fast vehicles are pretty good at it, since going farther increases the strength of the attack. On the other hand, while Pirahnas Ramming a Baneblade are actually likely to put out some good hits, they're virtually guaranteed to die in the crash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts