Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warboss Tazgul and his 4 ork sqaud of Nobz returned to the Kan factory atop their newly plundered Marine bikes. Revving the ultramarine turbo throttle and shooting off twin-linked bolters, Tazgul salivated at the prospect of using this bike in his next waagh.
The 10 Orkboyz in the truck behind them followed suit, shooting dakka to the sky in a cacaphony of sonic abuse, overpowering the crackle of the radio. A few minutes later as Tazgul approached the outskirts of home base, a large rock flew out from behind the remains of an industrial unit and struck his helmet. Spinning the bike in the direction the rock came from, Tazgul shot wildly into the ruins inspiring every other Ork to do the same. After the smoke cleared a grumpy loota poked his head from behind a pockmarked archway screaming: "Boss, not us, dem!" Across the wasteland, just beyond the fuel silos and the infirmary, the spikey coneheads could just be made out, gliding silently toward new prey.
Dracon Volitia had heard the Orks coming long before they arrived. She had ample time to set her forces for the next raid. The Haemonculus geared up to race behind the infirmary. 2 squads of 10 warriors lined the right flank, within range but mostly hidden from the 5 loota boys toting plasma guns, rokkits and shootas. The addition of the bikes and the truck might prove an impediment but her warriors had a standard quota of splinter cannons, rifles and dark lances. Come what may, the accuracy of her force was sure to prove decisive over the green beasts, but should things need to become upclose and personal, her retinue of 4 Incubi with punishers, her reliable agoniser, the raider pilot and Dark Lance gunner were a proven force. The Kabal of the Crippled Lotus would be most satisfied with a warboss in the gladitorial ring, an added bonus to be sure.
Tazgul seized the initiatiave. "Ride em down, you Nobz" and he turbo boosted in the direction of the warriors. The trukk driver couldn't see through the dust cloud that kicked up and so headed straight for the first big thing he could see, the raider. The lootas provideded cover fire, of sorts. Muzzles flashed and big explosions were wrought in the distance but only 2 warriors from the splinter cannon squad had fallen on the opposing side.
Volitia cursed her arrogance, the Orks had established their threat earlier than she expected. The raider jetted forward to the trukk while the warriors stayed put and swamped the bikers with splinter and lance fire. The nobz proved to be most resilient, 2 succumbed to incoming fire while a third didn't seem to notice the loss of a leg, as they bore down in anguish.
The raider gunner cooly took aim and the lance speared through the mechanical heart of the orc trukk, immobilising it and roasting 5 of the occupants onboard. The remaining crew jumped from the wreckage but before they could pick themselves up off the ground, the dracon and incubi were atop them and the massacre of orks that followed was a blur of violence.
Meanwhile the crafty Haemonculus ducked behind the infirmary on his reaver and re-checked the straps on his destructor. The lootas were his playthings.
The warboss and the nobz rapidfired their bolters into the dark lance squad, taking 2 down and ploughed into the remaining bodies. The Dark Eldar desperately swiped at the orkband, totally innefectively and Tazgul was deadly and precise with his Klaw. The lone remaining eldar broke ranks and fled for his accursed life.
The lootas, dumbfounded by the carnage before them, rallied arms and shot down on the blood stained incubi. A closer target is always easier to hit and 3 Incubi were sent to oblivion. But the blood lust carried a price, one of the plasma gunners had frantically pulled the trigger between charges and the weapon defaulted devastatingly into his face. The remains of his skull slid from the wall behind.
Volitia turned her attention to the 3 remaining lootas, as did the raider and they rushed upon their foe, the raider screaming ahead. Bracing themselves for a melee with the terrifying retinue, the lootas scrambled for better vantage points among the ruins, noticing too late that the reaver mounted Haemonculus had outflanked them and caught them blind. It was a costly bluff, the incubi were a valuable resource to any Kabal, but sacrifice for the lord is an honourable parting from the world of the living. The destructor melted 2 of the lootas to green mush and the raider gunner vaporised the last.
Tazgul emerged from the ruck with one nob and most of another, an easy victory. He likened Dark Eldar spines to fishbones and his Klaw had been ever faithful. Splinter rifle and cannon fire from the second warrior squad pinged off his biker boyz, with none of the accuracy from moments ago. Guessing the coneheads were more than a little shaken and fuelled by this thought he charged forward and the nobz followed faithfully.
The bolters failed to land many targets, perhaps one or 2 warriors fell, but never mind Tazgul resolved, he was going to win this one with his own claws. The bikers slammed into the warrior squad but one lucky bayonet went through the goggles of the wounded nob, ending his war effort prematurely. The warriors cost for that casulty dearly, all but one of the six remaining met their demise with Tazguls fluent strikes tearing their lines open. The last eldar dropped his rifle and fled for his life from the onslaught.
Tazgul ignored the pathetic coward but froze when he saw what was left of his boyz, their bloody leftovers had been roasted and diced beyond recognition.
The trukk gunner, in the meantime, had managed to put out the fire and realign the drivetrain with a few solid bashes of a fallen troops shoota. The driver twisted the ignition and remarkably the trukk shuddered to life. Volitia, close enough to see this change in circumstance, issued her last Incubi bodyguard, the raider and the Haemonculus to make a final stand. She swept upon the trukk with her flailing agoniser and the Incubi in tandem. They managed to scour the side of it but failed to penetrate with further significance. The Raider and the Haemonculus flew in tandem at the warboss and the bikers. Choosing to sit back and smote down the warbosses henchman from afar, the gunner settled his aim and prepared to unload a bolt of dark matter. A sudden gale swept across the ruins just as the raider fired and the lance shot too low! The Haemonculus cursed the gunner. "Fool! Our lord is a sitting duck!"
Tazgul levelled the bike, lined up his opposite and unleashed the bolters. The nob provided additional fire. Bullets whizzed past Volitia and she initiated her shadowfield, absorbing all the fire for her Incubus. "My lord..." the incubus uttered gratefully. Volitia needed all the numbers she could muster againt this resilient enemy.
Then DEfans phone rings. Son number one needs to see the doc, he's down with a cold and Dad needs to be home, right now. It was my first ever battle against someone at Games Workshop and it was a really sad anti-climax, but family comes first. I'm looking forward to having another go at the orks in the future!

·
Dark Eldar Gerbil
1,522 Posts
well writen, if not a bit hard to understan what is going on. Perhaps pictures as well? but enjoyable none the less.

Pity about the end. Could it have gone either way do you think? or did one side have it in the bag?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I had him! The Ork player breathed a sigh of relief, turned to the manager and said:"Can we call this a draw?" The manager paused, took a good hard look and said:"Hmm, OK." Warboss was out of charge range, my turn was next and I could have moved the raider to shoot the trukk or the nob, turbo-boosted the Haemy, charged with him, my Dracon and the Incubus all together for first hit and charge bonuses. The warboss had no invulnerable saves to fall back on. I had his number!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I liked the story that went with it. It wasn't just: "turn 1: i killed _____, he killed ________..."etc. Very nice report!

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.