Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think about a army with six troop choices with 30 gretchins in each? That is 180 gretchins... I think it could be fun... :lol:

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Hmm... Sounds interesting but I don't think it would be hard to beat with a few tactical squads armed with bolters and flamers...

·
Registered
14 Posts
does anyone realize how many points 180 grots would be?

566 with naked slavers. fear them.
couldn't the grot army have a looted basilisk? they might not have taken the thing, but they sure as hell could steal it.... what about a shitload of big gunz batteries?

"with a few tactical squads armed with bolters and flamers..."

:blink:

alright 60 bolter shots... thats 40 dead grots. hmmm.

so anyways lets talk about how the grot army would do if you lined them up, and cluster-fuckt em. that would put squads subject to probably around 60-80 shots of S3 ap - goodness. hilarity.

and the basilisk in the back with big gunz toted behind the thick mob would prove hysterical.

you just might be able to fill in the rest of the points with warbuggies, wartrakks, and other various models loaded to the brim full of grots.

i say go for it.

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Maybe I'd bring a bunch of Rhinos and run those miserable little grots over... hehe..

·
Registered
857 Posts
I would field an all-grot army any day. But a "You Can't Stop 'em all!" rule is necessary. OHHH!!! I HAVES THE IDEA!!! A new faction: GRETCHIN! Like a subfaction of Orks- they get their own Codex, like Space Wolves. Grot Warboss! Big Grotz! Grot Tankz! (Old, beat-up looted vehicles) Specialized Grotz- like Jump Pack Grotz, better armed Grotz, Grot Tank Killaz, with Krak Stikkbombz. HOW ABOUT A GROT DREADNAUGHT?! That would be so $#%$in' cool!!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Old 1st and 2nd edition 40k grots were the pilots in Ork Dreads an Kans.
A grot kan would be cool, picture a can with two legs and one weapon, either a power klaw or a Rokkit / Big shoota / or Scorcha. Armor 11/10/10, points 20. Clumsy and Orky.

WAAAGH da grots...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
lol anyone think of any fluff? how did these grots break away from ork control?

or do theorks send them out to check out the area and give em equipment(not as good as their own) and thats the reason why u field an all grot army.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Rebel Grots, escaped from the overbearing slavers and struck out as freebooters.
Pirate grots. Some wear eye patches an sport peg legs...dey say ARGH alot too.

WAAAGH! da Grots

·
Registered
222 Posts
yea and the whole strategy for them will be the same: win by numbers! basically all their rolls depend on rolling 6's but you'll use mass dice all the time. you'll need to buy two dice packs of 36 so you'll usually need like 60-70 rolls each time.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yeah, I like to roll a lot of dice. I think I have like a hundred of em. Most of em are green of course. cuz da Ork gods are green. Green is meaner...hit a lot arder when they are green dice.
Roll like a whole bag a dice when shootin and choppin.

WAAAGH! da Grots.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i have done the math for this army and you could have 125 modles in 500 points
heres the list i came up with

grot army

30 gretichin plus big gretic(slaver) x4

and a grot war boss with a power klaw and a slugga

oh and 2 of the big grots have rokkit launchas

·
Registered
735 Posts
Oh no a vorpal bunny...We are doomed...Sinister bunny nice avatar, always liked that movie.
I have all the grot models to pull off an all grot army, I just haven't got around to fielding one yet...WAAAGH!

·
Registered
226 Posts
i think it would be an awsome sight to see an all grot army. imagine all the little green things theres only one thing i can say about that WAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!

as for the holy grail i have easly seen it over 50 times and have almost memerized the entire movie

·
Registered
735 Posts
Sinister bunny, Holy grail movie rocks, especially house anthrax, and their obsession.

Salamander, Anyway, me was thinkin of 2 batteries of big Gunz and 3 killa kans for heavy support. [ add as many extra grots, meks, and slavers as allowed by the codex ]
HQ would have to be a Grot boss, picture a grot sitting in a suit of mega-armor. Treat as a warboss in mega armor.
Take a bunch of grot "ammo runts" for wargear. This will be his retinue. Also a Banna wava. Put entire HQ in a wartruk. [rokkit launcha, red paint job, grot riggas, armor plates]
Fast Attack would be 3 wartruks with 30 truk grots, treat as truk boyz. 10 grots to a truk, only wounded on a 6+ when their truk is destroyed, armed with grot blastas. Each mob my include a Slaver.
It would be nice to replace all the Slavers and Mek boyz with grots but I'm not sure how to do it well enough to get by...what do you think?
Just a few ideas...WAAAGH! da grots

·
Registered
226 Posts
i know what would go good in this army the kamikaze grots in a diffrent thread. i mean what could be cooler than a horde of self destructing grots

ps. its the castle of anthrax get it right or i will have to kill you no matter how green you are j/k

·
Registered
857 Posts
I think the "You can't stop 'em all!!" rule would be like a cross between a mob size check and Gauss weaponry. Roll a mob size check. The number you roll+the mob size must be equal to or greater than 30. For every point you pass the check by, you add one to the strength of the "mob." Then the "mob" gets a certain number of attacks at that strength against whatever they're attacking- like mob size divided by four attacks. This would be something you could turn on and off, because against creatures who toughness was not double your strength in melee, you wouldn't need the rule. I still need to work the bugs out of this rule, balance it out, but I think it sounds good. And the mighty Grotz destroyed the Monolith!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Sounds like we are headed in the right direction, but I think my Orky brain will have trouble remembering all those numbers in da heat of battle. The system needs to be simple to work. Like the Nid claws on the Genestealers.
If a grot rolls a 6 to hit any opponent in CC he doubles his ST for that attack or gets to keep rolling for armor pen against a vehicle. That might make it easier to use...you can still call it "you can't stop em all" rule if you like.

WAAAGH! da Grots.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.