1xfalchion

Heavy Support:

Nemesis Dreadknight
Equiped:
Heavy Incinerator
Heavy Psycannon

Total points 1485
Model Count 66

Any advice offered would be welcomed thanks.

·
4,967 Posts
HQ: Coteaz is great with divination psy powers.

Elite: OK but due to "look out sir" he is now only really good against tanks and there are cheaper ways of getting antitank into a list.

Troops: You appear to have an illegal 7 troop choices. GKSS should ditch the CC weapon upgrades. Take a unit of 10 (combat squad later) and add 2 psycannon, psybolts and a hammer on the justicar. Termies look good.

Henchmen footslogging with little armour are a bit of a problem. Yes you have some crusaders in each unit but they won't last long and if the enemy have a drop pod, deepstrike or get out of a transport with one model a fraction closer to the guys round the back then you will suffer appauling casualties. I would go for 2-4 chimeras with 3 plasma + 2 hotshots and a couple of peasants to padd out the numbers once the transports die. Then add a squad with lots of DCA/crusaders, 1 banisher and 3 melta chaps in a LR or storm raven.

Heavy: None. If you go this mechanised route then a Psyfleman will serve you better than the vindicare.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, i forgot to mention the two strike squads are combat squaded, and im reading the rules on henchmen, "do not tak up as slot" through this, as you said differs between people,i may upgrade the armour, of the henchmen, with the points from the cc weapons.

thank you

·
4,967 Posts
"Doesn't take up a slot" was FAQed. If you have Coteaz they do take up a troop choice and it isn't optional.

Imagine the list if you could just go for it on henchmen.

Coteaz + 100 warrior henchmen - 50 with meltaguns and 50 with plasmas all in units of 3!

Even if you have Coteaz and another inquisitor you cannot take 7 units of henchmen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i hadnt checked, the FAQ as when i had lst checked it hadnt yet, came to that, issue, thank you for that

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh and the terminator squad was a hasty addition to make up points, oviosly, i hadnt proof read my list before posting

·
Registered
656 Posts
Foot slogging henchmen is generally a bad idea. I would mech them up and rape faces. I would also drop a henchmen squad listed and add in a servitor/plasma henchmen squad and put coteaz with them. Right now coteaz does not have a unit he would be very effective in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts