Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. So far, i have 11 out of 16 grey knights painted and named on their right shoulder. I have the following last names.

PAN (my last name) and its on one of my justicars :p
TRAJAN
IDAEUS
IXION
VALAUS
REECE
BRUEMOR
BLARE
ZAKRY
TURNER

Yeah, so if you dont mind, can you help me out by giving me some grey knights last name that sounds "ordoly" or if you want, you can post yours or your friends last names.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
198 Posts
i personally would like to know how people choose the last name as the codex offers no explainatio of names and the examples are hard to understand (they look all biblical and far-out and then u get "Reece"???)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Some sampla names i Use/ or plan to use.
I take from all kinds of mytology/fiction and bend and twist here and there to get a nice sound to it.
Randal for example is that evil guy in that stephen king book.. Randal Flag is the full name..

Cairo
Ibrox
Vycos =D (yes one of my justicars...)
Salem
Idun
Exodor
Hiro
Vangel
Gladius
Randal

Hope you find something useful

btw are your first name Peter by any chance? In that case could you gratulate your parants from me :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Nice names, very Greek and Roman sounding, pick up a latin dictionary and put together some names. That should give you enough for a whole chapter of em...WAAAGH!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol, nah my name is not peter pan. Its actually Stanley Pan, but my friends call me StanPan for short. Eh, and now you know.

·
Registered
48 Posts
for my GK in power armor I went Medival on thier A**, hehe so all of my gk's names are celtic types,
here are a few:

Brother Tate
Justicar Thomas
justicar Willim (after me! lol i have no imagination.)
Brother Gerrad
Brother Jacobs

and my Grand Master Gideon Keys

*sidenote* a laspistoler in my ig army killed a marine that was in 2 inches of forest , lol i sent him to sniper school so he earned his new name. Boz the Slayer, Vindare Temple Assassin. woohoo!
ok well anyway those are my idea's . good luck!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello there Willim, Welcome to Librarium Online, Medival anglo-saxon names sure gives a good feal. They are "Knights" after all.

·
Registered
48 Posts
hiya vycos! and thanks for the welcome, i am SOOO glad to have found this site, it is wonderful! lots of great tools and information and battle reports !! i run a game store here in Tennessee and now i have a great site to relate my customers to for killer tactical information and creative tips to make everyone's game experience more enjoyable. :D oh and i can post my battle reports for the Victorius ( well... not everyday ) Grey Knights! btw for anyone who is wondering, running a pure grey knight force is challenging, but very rewarding.and sometimes an undefeatable force. =)thats all for now. ---end transmission imperious ---

·
Registered
49 Posts
I personally like to think that the GKs are just modern versions of the Knights of old. Brought up from gifted families and pushed into a lifetime of training. I really like Greek names though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aphrodite
Ares
Artemis
Athene
Demeter
Erinyes
Eris
Eros
Moiras
Keras
Graces
Hades
Hephaistos
Hera
Herakles
Hermes
Hestia
Kronos
Odysseus
Pan
Persephone
Poseidon
Zeus

I know theres a few :blink: !
Hope these help!

Cheers,
Bob

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would say Latin

And i would think twise about naming one of my marines Aphrodite.. I dont think that the poor trooper would approve of that name... =D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think of the names as callsigns more than anything with their real names lost along with their previous lives to have a complete fresh start at the beginning of their training.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.