Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to model one of my Terminators or maybe even my Lord by using a Grey Knight. I'll try to make it look as Chaos-like as possible, spikes on the armour etc. The only problem is the fluff behind it. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could do it? If it helps, I have Khorne army.

I was thinking something along the lines of he was part of a Grey Knight squad that was sent to cleanse a planet of Daemons, something went wrong and he was the last Grey Knight left. He managed to survive a while fighting off the daemon onslaught before succumbing to the lure of Khorne.

As you can probably tell, 1, i cant write fluff, 2, this idea is probably illegal in everyway. but i just love the Grey Knight Terminator models lol. So any help would be greatly appreciated

·
907 Posts
RobtheGuru said:
I want to model one of my Terminators or maybe even my Lord by using a Grey Knight. I'll try to make it look as Chaos-like as possible, spikes on the armour etc. The only problem is the fluff behind it. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could do it? If it helps, I have Khorne army.

I was thinking something along the lines of he was part of a Grey Knight squad that was sent to cleanse a planet of Daemons, something went wrong and he was the last Grey Knight left. He managed to survive a while fighting off the daemon onslaught before succumbing to the lure of Khorne.

As you can probably tell, 1, i cant write fluff, 2, this idea is probably illegal in everyway. but i just love the Grey Knight Terminator models lol. So any help would be greatly appreciated
It would be legal, and it sounds cool. I really like the grey knight models, too. Just make sure he looks badass enough to be chaos!8)

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Actually Lincoln, the idea of a grey knight sucumbingto chaos an area of fluff that cannot happen. The knights are trained in such a way that their faith is flawless and they will never fall to the lure of chaos.

Now do you really need a reason as to why a chaos marine is wearing highly decorated terminator armour? These guys have had 10,000 years to do whatever they want to what they wear on top of the 200 years during the great crusade. You don't need any better reason than that other than it looks cool and stands out...8)

(I take grey knights and convert them into iron warriors. Nothing shouts heresy like the imperiums elite elite being used as the basis for their greatest shame.)

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Indeed, unfortunately the one force that doesn't fall to Chaos is the Grey Knights.

I think there is a quote in the DH Codex says something like "There is no record of any Grey Knight ever failing the Emperor in either word or deed". GK just don't do Chaos.

So fluff-wise claiming he is a Grey Knight is out. Using the model? That's fine.

A bit of tinkering, a spike here, a skull there, the odd Chaotic Rune and voila. I'd consider removing the Force Halberd though, it is instantly recognisable to pretty much everyone. It's the difference between:

"Wow cool conversion, how did you make your Chaos Lord?"

and

"I see you made a Grey Knight into your Lord"

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thanks for the response and helpful ideas. After buying a Grey Knight Terminator i think i'll probably put the halberd onto one of my Chosen.

·
948 Posts
I used a Grey Knight Terminator with Psycannon as the base for my Iron Warriors Lord. The conversion was really simple-the addition of a Chaos muzzle to the gun and Defilier heads on the shoulderpads to make him more demonic and cover up the Inquisition stuff.

It's entirely possible that, over the course of 10,000 years, a suit of Grey Knight Terminator Armour could have been captured by your Chaos army, so don't worry.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Broadside_Pilot said:
It's entirely possible that, over the course of 10,000 years, a suit of Grey Knight Terminator Armour could have been captured by your Chaos army, so don't worry.
Followed by a long, overly-drawn out, bloody campaign to get said suit back into the hands of the 'good guys':D ...8)

·
948 Posts
Well, if all else fails, that makes great fluff for your army...

·
Registered
411 Posts
I was thinking of modelling grey knights as chosen myself. I can think of few things that compare to wearing the bastardized armour of chaos' most defiant foe.
I play slaanesh so the halberds actually looks a lot like the halberd the fantasy slaanesh lord has and it could fit the fluff for me. However for Khorne it seems kind of out of place.

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll probably write a piece of fluff about how an army of Grey Knights we wiped out by an army of khorne, and the weapon was taken as a trophy or something

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey i just converted my lord using a space marine terminator (similar model) He has a berserker glaive and is obviously in terminator armour. I would post a pic but at the moment my friend has the model and is 'painting' it. (he takes forever).
Anyway i would be interested to see the result of your lord as i was gona use a grey knights body as the basis but went for the ultramarines body. Maybe ill get a pic of it once its done to show u.

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah that would be cool. I'll probably buy the GKT this Thursday, hopefully I will have it sorted by Sunday evening.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Just to let you guys know, just because a Grey Knight has never succumbed to chaos doesn't mean they can't. Nothing and no one is immune to the sway of chaos. This is expressed in the actual Grey Knight novel. In the novel it explains that all the training, the runes, the wards, scrolls, etc only last so long. That's why the Grey Knights, when on daemon worlds get in, accomplish their mission (or die trying), and get out again. They cannot remain indefinatley under constant chaos influence, the wards and runes will burn, and even their iron will begins to slip. However, before this happens the more likely thing will happen, the grey knight will kill as many daemons as it can, before being taken down.

Reactions: Andusciassus

·
Registered
188 Posts
The novel Grey Knight is full of fun contradictions of GWs fluff, but on this point you are correct - they cannot withstand the full on might of chaos forever. However, since they tend twards hit and run type missions and the like, rather than, say, occupations, the odds are very slim that a Knight would be on a daemon world that long without either finishing his job and leaving, or dying in the attempt, as you said. So while it is technically theoretically possible, I imagine one would get a lot of flak for using that sort of fluff, since for the reasons above (and the DHs own constant guarding measures and wariness of chaos, like, say, Exterminatus), much as no GK has so far succumbed, and it is very, very, unlikely that one ever will.

Hows that for a compound sentence.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Agreed. A lot of flack will befall you for having grey knights corrupted by chaos. However, personally, I would have nothing against a band of traitors (LaTD) being lead by a single corrupted grey knight. Could be a cool campaign/scenario to play with your friends. "The Search for the Corrupted" Sounds like fun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts