Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone any cool conversion ideas to apply to Grey Knights and Inquisitors in an IG army?

I was thinking of making a Heretic Guard Army that used Grey Knights as a mob of Chaos Champions of some sort. I was thinking an Inquisitor could equally be fielded as some sort of Aspiring guardsmen of Chaos, gifted by the Dark Gods.

Any ideas you have I would love to read them!

·
Registered
276 Posts
There's no good way to explain why Heretics would have the powers of Warding against Daemons that Grey Knights have in game, so I would personally steer away from this. That said, anything that is a Grey Knight should be a Chaos Marine, because they have Marine stats, and probably a latent Psyker to explain the Shrouding and other boons enjoyed by the Grey Knights. The Inquisitor itself would be relatively easy to field as some sort of Cult leader or Arch Heretic with a diverse group of followers. Anything Holy, (Holy Relic, Icon of the Just, etc.) you can just reverse to be a Chaos artifact; a reward granted to a particularly nasty disciple of the Ruinous Powers.

I guess you could try to explain the Marine stats as mutations, but this sort of thing is a bit of a stretch, and I would be slightly peeved if an army like this were fielded against me.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I like the idea of Inquisitors being Arch-heretics or something of that sort. I woiuld not make them represent CSM however, as they have a human statline. Maybe for the retinue you could use some models from the Chaos minature ranges from WH. For instance, you could model some WH WChaos Warriros with Swords and Shields and they can be your armies equivalent of Crusaders.

The GK = CSM idesa isn't to bad, but some people may have a problem with it. Would make for some interesting modeling. Maybe paint the GK's in a dark color scheme, with Imperial symbols etched out or replaced by Chaotic ones. You could even try putting horns of the helmets to give them a even more Chaotic feel.

Also, a good bit that would work for this army is the one on the back of this nob in the left corner. Space Marine helmets on a stick will bring out the evil feel. The Ork Boyz sprue actually comes with decapitated human heads, so if you know any Ork players your should hit them up for some of those.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's no good way to explain why Heretics would have the powers of Warding against Daemons that Grey Knights have in game, so I would personally steer away from this. That said, anything that is a Grey Knight should be a Chaos Marine, because they have Marine stats, and probably a latent Psyker to explain the Shrouding and other boons enjoyed by the Grey Knights. The Inquisitor itself would be relatively easy to field as some sort of Cult leader or Arch Heretic with a diverse group of followers. Anything Holy, (Holy Relic, Icon of the Just, etc.) you can just reverse to be a Chaos artifact; a reward granted to a particularly nasty disciple of the Ruinous Powers.

I guess you could try to explain the Marine stats as mutations, but this sort of thing is a bit of a stretch, and I would be slightly peeved if an army like this were fielded against me.
What would it matter to you for? What does it matter if I paint them pink or convert them to look like ballerinas? THey have the same stats regardless. :p

I agree now that the CSM is kinda pushing it with the deamon banishment stuff, but the Inquisitor does not seem that far a stretch and being that hes human and only human, I think it seems to make sense. I was thinking of a slaneesh guard heretic army. BUT I have no idea how to represent this in doctorines and troops and the like, or how to fit the inquisitor to portray the same. I suppose I shoudl buy a priest and cut off his books and the like for some relics.

I suppose its easy to represent Khorne, and Nurgle, but Tzeentch and Slaneesh are a bit challenging. Any ideas for that?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I never said it the Inquisitor itself was a stretch; I think that would be great to include in a traitor Guard army. I was saying the Grey Knights were a stretch. The Inquisitor doesn't have Marine stats, so there's nothing objectionable about that.

A Slaanesh Cult Leader should be attractive, and their retinue should me made up of Henchmen of the Opposite sex. (Or the same, if they're into that.) Regardless, they should be scantily-clad and suggestive looking. One thing to consider is whether you want them to be Witch Hunters or Daemonhunters; Daemonhunters have access to Terminator Armour, Astropaths, and Heirophants, while Witch Hunters have Crusaders and some other things I don't remember. One thing you could have if you take Daemonhunters as allies in a Guard army (and you don't take Grey Knights) is Daemonhosts, which would fit in with the Heretical theme much better.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I never said it the Inquisitor itself was a stretch; I think that would be great to include in a traitor Guard army. I was saying the Grey Knights were a stretch. The Inquisitor doesn't have Marine stats, so there's nothing objectionable about that.
How would GK's bve a strech? He could state that they are allied CSM (Ala Lost and the Danmed Aspiring Champions) hey have the same stats as GK's, and most of their equipment can be justified as the Chaos equivilent. It could be a little hard to do with Demon Banishment, but not to much.

·
Registered
276 Posts
He could state that they are allied CSM (Ala Lost and the Danmed Aspiring Champions) hey have the same stats as GK's, and most of their equipment can be justified as the Chaos equivilent. It could be a little hard to do with Demon Banishment, but not to much.
I said that in my first post...
anything that is a Grey Knight should be a Chaos Marine, because they have Marine stats, and probably a latent Psyker to explain the Shrouding and other boons enjoyed by the Grey Knights
You just couldn't literally field Chaos Grey Knights because no Grey Knight has ever fallen to Chaos, according to Codex: Daemonhunters. But you field them as some sort of very powerful Chaos Marine. I don't think any players would complain if you completely discard the rules giving you advantages against Daemons. They don't even matter unless you're facing Chaos, Daemons, an Eldar player who has an Avatar, or radical Daemonhunters anyway.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anyone any cool conversion ideas to apply to Grey Knights and Inquisitors in an IG army?

I was thinking of making a Heretic Guard Army that used Grey Knights as a mob of Chaos Champions of some sort. I was thinking an Inquisitor could equally be fielded as some sort of Aspiring guardsmen of Chaos, gifted by the Dark Gods.

Any ideas you have I would love to read them!
NECRO ALERT! :X

I have started on messing with some unit and modeling ideas. So far I came up with the following for doctrines/troop choices to represent a slaanesh guard army:

1. light infantry - slaanesh is generally portrayed as a faster army
  2. rough riders - same as above + the whole odd looking serpent steed thing
  3. chem inhalers(?) - I figured this might help represent the euphoric daze cultists of slaanesh may be in... pain and pleasure merging into one.
  4. veterans - yea... I like vets... ha
  5. ??????

I also had the idea to use witch hunter allies (battle sisters of some sort) to represent some sort of mutated or enhanced guardsmen. Probably using some of the sisters models with their feminine physique with some deamonette models bitz and pieces to achieve a suitably horrid look to them.

I was thinking the Sisters Repentia seem to fit nicely an the models would require little conversion as they already look pretty S&M like slaanesh seems to like 0:. Not to mention that I could use soem hand to hand goodness. OR some regular ol' bolter wielding sisters OR model some bat winged half serpent b1tch3z in armor with bolters and use the seraphim squad rules for fast leaping whores of slaanesh. Retributor squads seem like they could fit nicely as well.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Slanneshi? Well I read a really good idea for a Slanneshi conversion in Chaos Child by Ian watson.

Crotch armour disgarded, and the organ there connecting to a chaos spawn. Count as those massive guarc? (I forget the name)

Remember, slanneshi is about corruption of the human body. This is easy enough to do. Even long tongues are good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts