Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EDIT: <sighs> Forgot to put the points value in the descripte, Sorry :(

This is just my list that I use for everything, save a few modifications depending on the opponents i'll be facing.
But I'm looking for opinions on what I should buy next, I'm up in the air, I want to get some transports for my Stormies or a Purge squad but I dunno. :)

Its a very slow army, save the units that can teleport in.

1500 Pts - Daemonhunters Army

Grey Knight Grand Master (HQ) 465
Nemesis Force sword; Psycannon
Terminator Armour
Icon of the Just
Master Crafted Weapon
Teleport Homer
#Hammerhand
Grey Knight Terminators [230]
Grey Knights, Psykers; Nemesis & Storm Bolter
(x5)

Grey Knights (Troops) 295
Grey Knights; Incinerator (x2); Nemesis & Storm Bolter (x7)
Grey Knight Justicar [50]
Grey Knight; Nemesis Force Halberd; Storm Bolter

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers 161
Crapace Armour; Targeters.; Hellgun (x9); Frag Grenades
Veteran Stormtrooper [71]
Power Weapon (x1); Bolter; Frag Grenades
Targeter
Power Armour

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers 120 (Troops)
Carapace Armour; Targeters.; Hellgun (x8);
Grenade Launcher (x2); Frag Grenades

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor (Elite) 161
Psyker, Independent Character; Bolt Pistol (x1); Force Weapon (x1)
Artificer Armour 2+ armour save. [15]
Emperor's Tarot
Psycannon Bolts
Warrior [55]
+1 WS to Inquisitor. Targeter, Frag and Krak
grenades as standard.; Plasma Cannon Servitor
(x1); Veteran HP/CCW (x1); +1 Attack for Vet with
HP/CCW

Grey Knight Dreadnought 145 (Heavy)
Dread. CC Weapon; Incinerator; Twin Lascannon

Grey Knight Dreadnought 145 (Heavy)
Dread. CC Weapon; Incinerator; Twin Lascannon

·
Registered
574 Posts
Not a bad army list but here are a few suggestions
1)Drop Hammerhand on the Grand master as it is a waste of his nemesis force weapon ability. If you are bothered about tanks give him melta bombs.
The icon of the just is a bit of a waste as he already has a 5+ inv for terminator armour
2)Split up the squad of Grey knights. One big ordinance blast could wipe them out.
If they are deepstriking there is a chance of losing the whole squad in the warp or if they scatter into scenery. You cannot afford to lose all 10.
3)I don't think a stormtrooper sergeant can use a force weapon. I am quite sure it can only be used by trained psykers and it is a waste of points anyway. You could have 4 more stormtroopers for those points. Power armour is also not worth it.
4)I think 2 dreads is a bit much in a 1500pt army as they can be destroyed in one shot. If you really want them give one an heavy bolter or autocannon so you can fight a larger range of targets.
5)Your inquisitor and his retinue is a bit messed up. If you fire the plasma cannon you cant move. Then he cant get into combat to use his force weapon. Drop the force weapon or the plasma cannon. If you drop the force weapon give the inquisitor a psycannon if you drop the plasma cannon give him a combat servitor.
6)A rhino would be very useful.
7)in a 2000pts+ game consider getting a land raider it is hard to stop and will get your grey knights safely into combat.
8)Get a callidus assassin she can really mess up enemy plans.
9)I would not recommend a purge squad as you waste the points you pay for their Ws and n force wpn.
Hope i have been of help
With faith in the emperor we will never fail.
NOBODY CAN ESCAPE THE SCRUTINY OF THE INQUISITION........
INNOCENCE PROVES NOTHING!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yes, read the codex. Force weapons can only be given to Inquisitors. What on Earth gave you the idea that anyone other than a master psyker could use a force weapon? Oh I know, army builder. Read the codex, don't rely on army builder.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your comments Anderson, the points about my Inquis are great :)

I like the Dreads and they haven't been wiped out in the first turn.. yet, I played a game yesterday where they got shot at for 7 turns before finally dropping lol. :)
I'm intending to switch their weapons up depending on the foe, I wish I could show that.
As for a LR, Gods I want one! Lol, next free 70 bucks I have i'll get one. :)
I dunno about a Rhino for my STs, I use them as kind of a guard for my Dreads so they don't get over run, the Gren launchers let them cut down a bit of troops, when my army expands a bit more (Eg when I have more money available) I thought that a squad of STs and a Chim would be good.

Leper:
I'v own and have read the codex, you shouldn't assume someone "relies" on AB simply because they use it to make their lists on the computer, people can miss things when they read a Codex you know or even forget things! Which is what I have done in this instance. :p.
what made me think it could? No it wasn't me "relying" on AB.
It states in the Codex that a Vet can take ANY item in the armoury.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but the Force Weapon IS in the armoury, no?
Lol :)
Going over it again, I see the can only be used by a trained Psyker so.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i like dreadnoughts just keep em in hull down position until u can assault

- callidus is good get 1
- keep the hammer hand for tanks
- the inquisitor stuff anderson said seems logical

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jeez, lighten up, I made a mistake and I admitted to it, even corrected it. Why continue to go after me? Have you never made a mistake? :(
Why be so anal about a mistake that has already been admitted and corrected? I'd love more constructive comments on my list instead of just getting flamed for a small mistake I already corrected.

And why wouldn't I give him terminator armour, because I could give him artificer armour :p but that would be a waste.

Your right Anderson, but I was stating why I thought I could. Had I gone over the Codex again I might have seen my error but my life gets in my way of studying my Codex :p, you yourself made a mistake with the melta bombs but you corrected yourself even tho the wording is very clear for that as well.

I know I was wrong, I don't need another follow up post with some sarcastic comment on it about a mistake I corrected. Jeezus.

Oops, Almost forgot, Thanks Flarer :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
good list but i have a few questions:
- why does the GM have a Teleport homer when he is going to be teleporting (i think, correct me if u are goignt o use them as a base of assault)
- is the veteran ST going to be woth his 71pt.???? as he could easily be killed as he is not that tough

i would keep the two dreadnoughts as they are our only anti-tank and are also good to help out in combat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.