Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to the general thoughts of this combination... seems like it would be the nice middle group for a well rounded force.

·
Registered
340 Posts
This pairing makes an ideal force in my opinion.

I take a group of Seraphim kitted out for anti-tank duty (i.e. twin inferno pistols, VSS with Eviscerator), a Cannoness with jump pack, cloak, inferno pistol and blessed weapon and a troop of 10 Sisters of Battle in a Rhino.

This is added to an HQ with Terminator retinue, power armoured Grey Knights, a Grey Knight Dreadnought, Inquisitor and Eversor/Callidus Assassin.

It works well, with the Seraphim bolstering the Grey Knights apparent weakness when it comes to armour hunting.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it be more pertinent to exchange out the inquisitor/assassin for Imperial Storm Troopers, move the Grey Knights squads to Fast Attack drop pod and fill out the troops choices with inquisitional storm troopers?

Headquarter Selection I: 307 points
  • Grey Knight Hero Brother Captain
  • War Gear: Targeter
  • Retinue: Grey Knight Terminators x 5
  • Weapons: Incinerator x 1
  • Special Rules: Deep Strike
Elite Selection I: 206 points
  • Allied Celestians x 6
  • Character: Veteran Sister Superior
  • War Gear: Eviscerator
  • Weapons: Multi-melta
  • Transport: Immolator; Extra Armor; Smoke Launchers; Dozer Blades
Troop Selection I: 100 points
  • Inquisitorial Storm Troopers x 8
  • Weapons: Grenade Launchers x 2
Troop Selection II: 100 points
  • Inquisitorial Storm Troopers x 8
  • Weapons: Grenade Launchers x 2
Troop Selection III: 247 points
  • Allied Sisters of Battle x 20
  • Character: Veteran Sister Superior
  • War Gear: Book of St. Lucius; Ausepx
  • Weapons: Flamer x 1
Fast Attack Selection I: 245 points
  • Grey Knights x 8
  • Character: Justicar
  • Weapons: Incinerator x 2
Fast Attack Selection II: 245 points
  • Grey Knights x 8
  • Character: Justicar
  • Weapons: Incinerator x 2
Heavy Support Selection I: 145 points
  • Grey Knights Dreadnought
  • Weapons: Twin-linked Lascannon
  • Options: Upgraded Missile Launcher; Extra Armor
Heavy Support Selection II: 145 points
  • Grey Knights Dreadnought
  • Weapons: Twin-linked Lascannon
  • Options: Upgraded Missile Launcher; Extra Armor
Heavy Support Selection III: 260 points
  • Grey Knights Land Raider
  • Options: Extra Armor; Dozer Blades
Something along the lines of that, perhaps swapping some things I know... Any opinions?

·
Registered
259 Posts
WH/DH have terrific synergy. I would drop the multi melta from the celestians and either go with 2 meltaguns (my fav) or the melta/heavy flamer combo that's uber popular among sisters players. I'd put the IST's in rhinos in smaller squads, and personallyI'd also give 'em meltas or PG's, but GL's are cool too, so whatever.

Flying canonesses with cloaks, IPs, and blessed weapons or eviscerators are amazing. Versatile and resilient. Seraphim are a must; I like 6 in a squad with 2 sets of IP's and a vet with an eviscerator.

Of course....I didn't tell you where you would get the points for all that.... but just some stuff to think about :)

·
1,256 Posts
If you are going to do this pair always take WH as the parent list.
Here is why
-Exorcists are better than dreads, especially helfire dreads. (If you really want Assaulty dreads take pentitent engines).
-Retributor squads will out shoot any unit in the game after faith points.
-2 squads of seraphim are more versitile than 2 squads of teleporting PAGK.
-GK HQs are 0-1 choices, so you can't take two anyways.
-You don't need two squads of Elite GK terminators, and all other elites are in the WH codex.
-3 Squads (most you can take as an ally) of GKs is enough to bolster your force of WH. 4 is too many unless you are going all GKs because you don't really have points for anything else.
-Generally leads you to more faith points, which scares people into trying to take down units that can use them--leaving your GKs lower in target priority.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Man, so much stuff I'll have to try out after I finish my DH army and start the WH one =)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Tauren, i will steal your list, make a recount, and will try to refine it to my taste if it is not a problem :)
sadly, GK mostly looses in cause it gets zerged... I tried the quality over quantity thing but i have failed.

imo: 1 rhino is enough. 50 points = 2 GK, who higher % to survive. 1 rhino is enough, put 1 squad +teleport Simpson in it and make a runforit. I would add a spare 1 if the rhino gets shot.
I prefer the PAGK-s becuase of the Assault2 stormbolter and the +2 str nemezis weapons.

and i would like to get your opinion on this:
-HQ is GKGM + icon of the just.
- dunno wich is better: Sister+bolter or the StromTrooper+hellgun. sisters cost +1 points u know...

later i will open a thread for my armylist

have a nice day.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I sometimes also thought about using WH as main list, because they can have quite an effective CC =I= team. Still, I found out a Flying Cannones is more usefull.

Those missle spamming tanks of the WH are indeed quite cool, but don't know if I like them more pointswise than dreads.

You can field 4 units of PAGK if I'm correct, so thats quite enough for me at the moment, as goes for the GKT. Still get to use my assasin as well :)

Although I don;t know about the sisters of Battle you need to field first, before adding all other things. Have to take a look it if works out for me points wise.

And offcoure, flying Cannones & Seraphim are great! 8Y

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well either way =), Gonna pick out the list at a later date and pick up some modules eventually. I think it will have about equal priority with my 40k beastmen army being made (kroot mercs), I will have to see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts