Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i have some Grey knights and i don't really wanna paint them the original Grey/silver, i was thinking of doing a reddish color, or a blue? do you guys have any examples of different colored Grey knights that i could looks t, and what color scheme do you think would look best?

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
These look great. I like the green, and when I ever get around to painting mine, I may ditch the "blue steel" look altogether.

I really like the purple, but it doesn't seem as "rich" as the red. Also, is it me, or does gold and purple suggest "Thousand Sons" or some other kind of chaos chapter?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, i have been pondering, and busy with designing gun servitors, and im thinking i want to make them a dark color, such as black, now my question is, how exactly do you paint black, i have heard that it can be rather difficult, but im up for the challenge. So can you guys give me some tips?

OR

I was thinking urban camo, which is really always a favorite of mine, but would it fit with the grey knights? i usually do a heavy dry brushing of codex grey, a bit of black ink, then put stripes of black/white in random places right next to each other. How could this work with grey knights?

i was also thinking of getting some SM , giving them some grey knight equipments and heads, and paint them urban camo style.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh wow that helps so much.. thanks a lot

·
Oberstleutnant
293 Posts
Grey and purple looks good. Killer Clown paints his that way but there is a catch. 2 years ago Clown painted a librarian in his grey /purple scheme and entered it into the golden demon. It got to finals judging (and got a special mention in the follow up booklet in white dwarf) but they knocked it back for a demon because it it didn't fit into the judges' view of the 40k universe. Personally I think that's crap but that was the ruling (or so I was led to believe). So if you follow purple, be warned if you enter it into the demon.

·
Wher dat naked blue chik?
1,646 Posts
Is your mind set? I just wanted to throw gold in the picture. It can look quite sexy.

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
Hm.. Gold GK's look pretty good, although gold ornate armour seems better when confined to the Custodians ;). Custodians have the right to look ornate in an OTT sense.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts