• Thunderers

Votes: 4 25.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

Having read the new white dwarf and seen the rules for G.B I have begun to consider a unit of 29 ranged guys to go with him. The problem I have is deciding between a unit of thunderers or qurallers. Assuming they remain roughly the same that is. Just wondering where you guys weigh in on the issue?

The option for re-rolls and extra range on both units is great however I can't decide between the thunderers extra punch and the quarrellers ability to take great weapons. Should the unit options remain the same in the next army book should I get ranged and combat flexible or just ranged hard hitting?

Fallen Autarch

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'd stick with the thunderers myself. The extra ap is worth the loss of range and taking great weapons is just asking for a mid game identity crisis.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't think it will work. Rune smith gives Armour Piercing to models, not to their weapons, and if model has AP, it works only on Close Combat attacks.

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
Only got a quick glance at the new book. I think in that case some thunderers will work well, grab them some shields in a unit of 20 with full command and they should hold a flank well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I run Grimm with my own dwarf army but i use him with a unit of irondrakes (the new shooty Ironbreakers) But in your case I would choose thunderers, there is a lot of pain to be brought by str4 armor piercing.

ps don't forget the shields!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts