Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all my fellow greenskins; I've recently found myself pondering the effectiveness of grots. Yes, we all love the little runts- they're insanely cheap and insanely useful, acting as simultaneous speedbumps, shields, minesweepers, and marine killers (yes, you read that one right :). They are also, however, insanely expensive- they're only available as metal; blisters, and only conceivablely useful in massive numbers. But I'm sick of using proxy models for my grots, and so have turned y burning eye to Warhammer Goblins. I was wondering if anyone had any idea on how to convert Goblins to look a bit more 40k-ish? I hate fantasy, so spears and suchlike are out.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
22 Posts
cut off the spear and give it a bolter or model some weapons out of putty or give them wires and stuff to hold out of green stuff

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'd keep them with their sticks and stones, if I were you. I mean, a S3 weapon- I'm sure that could accurately be represented by bows and arrows: After all, sticks and stones may break my bones, but grots will never hurt me. Unless they have sticks and stones. Then I'm buggered.

:D

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
It just so happens I've got some converted grots from the fantasy goblin regiment. I used lasguns/laspistol swaps from their arms.
I'll get some pictures up ASAP!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Night Gobo's with bow's or trim the bow down so they are holding different kinds of weapons. The you can mix in some fanatics or squig holders.

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
My girlfriend and I just finished making her Gretchin/Grots this weekend. We used the Gnoblar boxed set + the old metal ork weapon sprue + various other bits. They turned out very well and I am sure as soon as she sees this post she will put her pictures of them up for you. Gnoblars are your best bet and they are also really similar to the new Ork concept sketches for Grots which have been kicking around for a while. (so when Orks upgrade your grotz wont be out of place) Good Luck

·
907 Posts
Black Librarian said:
Howdy all my fellow greenskins; I've recently found myself pondering the effectiveness of grots. Yes, we all love the little runts- they're insanely cheap and insanely useful, acting as simultaneous speedbumps, shields, minesweepers, and marine killers (yes, you read that one right :). They are also, however, insanely expensive- they're only available as metal; blisters, and only conceivablely useful in massive numbers. But I'm sick of using proxy models for my grots, and so have turned y burning eye to Warhammer Goblins. I was wondering if anyone had any idea on how to convert Goblins to look a bit more 40k-ish? I hate fantasy, so spears and suchlike are out.

Any suggestions?
The metal blisters are ridiculously priced, but you can get bucketloads of OOP gretchin on ebay for nothing. My brother has well over a hundred stupid gretchin, which he got off of ebay for practically nothing. He also uses the goblin models, since they are more customizable, but just uses them for oilers and ammo runt's and any other special gretchin he feels like making.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks a bundle, citybeatnik, you're link was great.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Black Librarian said:
Thanks a bundle, citybeatnik, you're link was great.
No problem. Scarpia's site has plenty of extra goodies for you to drool over as well (including far, far too many Gargants and an entire Armoured Krumpany). Plenty of stuff to give you ideas for whatever it is you're working on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts