Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I picked up a old cadian battle (the one with the russ) force for almost nothing and I have been playing with the idea of using IG with my sisters. As far as painting I was thinking of painting them up to fit my white and red colour scheme. I would also like to use them as Storm Troopers if I ever needed to. My question is, is that a common pratice?

Also, what can be done to make Guardsmen more Inquistorial and Storm Troopery?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well, I've tried to convert some guardsmen to ISTs. Did it 'cause it's not too easy to get GW models of ISTs here. And to have some fun, really.
I've tried to greenstuff more armour and modify the look of their weapons. The result could be better, but, sadly, I am not that great sculptor.

The result looks like this:

Full version

Full version

I can post painted version later, if you want.

Reactions: ZMB

·
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what head is that? I must say that I really like what you have done so far. Please post some more pics at you churn out more miniatures.

Either way, rep for that.

·
Registered
109 Posts
In the witch hunter codex it looks like they took normal IG models and added small spear tips to the top of their helmet's for some cursed guard units. They would just need a few simple touches to make them look more like a storm trooper and less like a cursed guard. To me it looked pretty cool and seemed like an easy way to distinguish IST from regular IG.

Reactions: ZMB

·
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been thinking of something along the line of Adeptus Arbites. Maybe trying out a shotgun conversion or something. As far as colours? i was thinking of going with a greyish cloth colour and a red armour with Inquisitional markings in white. If I ever did Vet I would probably give them riot shields or something.

·
Registered
80 Posts
what head is that?
It's the head from cadian sprue. Originally it should go to vox caster carrying trooper. I used them, because they look more heavily-armoured.

When painted, those troopers look like this:

Full size.
Sadly, I didn't manage to make the paintjob as good as I would like it, but it still shows the idea.

Either way, rep for that.
Thank you.

·
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One thing I have considered is using Space Marine scouts and giving them lasguns. It would be a costly adventure though.

Silver - Is there any way you could repost those pics, but only larger? Looking good so far.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I've seen some nice conversions using Heads from Pig Iron productions

either:
Kolony Militia

or:
System Trooper

The kolony militia I've seen, and a cadian body, with a backpack and a bit of wire going from the lasgun to the backpack, or battery pack (GW has a nice powerpack for servitors) or even greenstuff some packs.

you can make some nice IST's.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I really liked the ISTs in the Daemonhunters codex, which is Deathguard with the I on the hoods, at least I think that's what they are.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Silver - Is there any way you could repost those pics, but only larger? Looking good so far.
There is a link below each photo (the "Full size" line). It's a link to the larger version of the picture.

·
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is a link below each photo (the "Full size" line). It's a link to the larger version of the picture.

Wow, how did I miss that? I would give you rep a second time if I could for your awesome conversions, but alas, I can not. As it keeps on coming, keep on posting as there is at least one peron working on my wave-length.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You mentioned that you were thinking about Adeptus Arbites; that's what I play for the penitent half of my army. I was lucky and had a friend who camped E-bay for me- he found close to thirty classic Arbite models. I love these guys- very Judge Dredd- but there aren't a lot of poses, so when you see them ranked up, it looks like they're posing for inspection by a drill sergeant or something.

One of the things that bugs me is that in the later editions of the game, Arbites got nerfed. They used to be able to use executioner shells, which gave them a slower rate of fire, but a longer range and higher strength.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts