Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all got a new list I've been messing round with, guard as the parent and sisters as allies. Inspiration is city-fighty camo guard (if u have the 4th ed codex the scheme is the 122nd Vogen) And not sure whether the Sisters will be white or red to contrast. I own all the Guard but no sisters stuff other than the dex I got earlier :p Thoughts?

Guard and Sisters

HQ
- Command Squad – 2 x Grenade Launchers, Company Banner - 75
- Saint Celestine – 201

Elites
- Celestians x 6 – Veteran Sister with Eviscerator, 2 x Meltas and Immolator with Extra Armour – 203

Troops
- Platoon
o Command – Power Fist and 3 x Flamers – 60
o 2 x Squads with Autocannons and Grenade Launchers – 130
- Veteran Squad – 3 x Meltas and Chimera with Multilaser and Heavy Flamer - 155
- Sisters of Battle x 10 – Veteran Sister with Braizer of Holy Flame, 1 x Flamer, 1 x Heavy Flamer and Rhino with Extra Armour – 207

Fast Attack
- Seraphim Squad x 5 – Veteran Sister and 2 x Inferno Pistols – 150

Heavy Support
- Leman Russ MBT – Heavy Flamer – 150
- Leman Russ Demolisher – Heavy Flamer – 165

·
Formerly Prince of Excess
3,560 Posts
You can't take Saint Celestine as Allies I don't think but could be wrong. I wouldn't take her anyways, a kitted out Canoness is cheaper and almost as good in a fight.

A big advantage of SoB and Guard is putting Books in to give Guard an LD bump. Do so.

Your Command Squad should probably mount up with better/more guns.

Celestians, not great. Just buy more SoB. Immolators are over-rated unless you'r spamming and I mean SPAMMING them.

Mount that PCS up, no PF. Grab a 4th Flamer.

Drop the Braizer and get a Book.

Seraphim need a Book and an Eviscerator.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Prince, just a couple of things
1 - I really want the Immolator, I was even trying to squeeze in a bodyguard for a canoness with another one, they just fit in with the theme of the army and personal pyromancy tendancies. Also at 65pts doesnt seem too expensive a fire magnet.
2 - Command squad will be sat cowering behind the gun line squads
3 - So will the PCS until someone gets close then they run out and flamey death the bad guys, The normal sisters unit
4 - Main reason for having less mounted units is related to my bank balance. I have a rhino and I believe Santa (in the guise of my lady friend ;)) is bringing me the demolisher, leaving only the immolator to buy tank wise. As the army grows up toward 2k I would try to fit in more mechanisation for the guard.
5 - Heres my revised list

HQ
- Canoness with Jump Pack, Blessed Weapon, Inferno Pistol, Cloak of Saint Aspira, Frags – 136

Elites
- Celestians x 6 – Veteran Sister with Eviscerator, 2 x Meltas and Immolator with Extra Armour – 203

Troops
- Platoon
o Command –3 x Flamers – 45
o Commissar - 35
- Sisters of Battle x 10 – Veteran Sister with Book of St Lucius, 1 x Flamer, 1 x Heavy Flamer and Rhino with Extra Armour and Smoke Launchers – 205

Fast Attack
- Seraphim Squad x 6 – Veteran Sister with Book of St Lucius and Eviscerator and 2 x Inferno Pistols – 202

Heavy Support

1500 flat

·
464 Posts
Thanks Prince, just a couple of things
1 - I really want the Immolator, I was even trying to squeeze in a bodyguard for a canoness with another one, they just fit in with the theme of the army and personal pyromancy tendancies. Also at 65pts doesnt seem too expensive a fire magnet.
2 - Command squad will be sat cowering behind the gun line squads
3 - So will the PCS until someone gets close then they run out and flamey death the bad guys, The normal sisters unit
4 - Main reason for having less mounted units is related to my bank balance. I have a rhino and I believe Santa (in the guise of my lady friend ;)) is bringing me the demolisher, leaving only the immolator to buy tank wise. As the army grows up toward 2k I would try to fit in more mechanisation for the guard.
5 - Heres my revised list

HQ
- Canoness with Jump Pack, Blessed Weapon, Inferno Pistol, Cloak of Saint Aspira, Frags – 136

Give Her a Evicerator over a blessed Weapon. You may think about Mantle of Ophilia as it is crazy easy to instant kill her. As cool as a Canoness is rember to save the faith points for thing like devine guidance unless she ha the chance to take down a big nasty.

Elites

Prince is right, take more regular SoB's They will do more for. I know you want to have a CC squad in your army but you have to remember that you are playing guard and CC is about as far away as you want to be.Take a rhino over an Immolator so that you can take a full squad of sisters. If you want, take SoB's with Melta's as IMO that is far better that a Immolator with a MM. Immolators should in my book really only be taken with heavy flamers any way as you get the most out of it's movement.

Troops
- Platoon
o Command –3 x Flamers – 45
o Commissar - 35

Vet squads are good but if you played withthe points some I might try for another infantry platoon. You have some good BS unit's from the sisters and having more Shock Troopers will come in handy I would think.

- Sisters of Battle x 10 – Veteran Sister with Book of St Lucius, 1 x Flamer, 1 x Heavy Flamer and Rhino with Extra Armour and Smoke Launchers – 205

Loose the Extra armour as I am sure you use the points to tighten up your list else where.

Fast Attack
- Seraphim Squad x 6 – Veteran Sister with Book of St Lucius and Eviscerator and 2 x Inferno Pistols – 202

You seem to good on the melta part of your list. Infact I would do one of two things first. One, turn that Celestian squad into SoB's with melta's. Two, I might consider splitting up the role of each SoB unit to One melta and one Heavy flamer. Either way, when it comes to Serephim, go the flame pistol route. I find tank hunting Serephin work best when they have anoth unit of Serephim to back them up. By them selves they tend to destroy a tank if the dice are hot and then die. If you take the flame pistols you can almost get another Serephim and 7 is a very magic number when faith comes into play.

Heavy Support

1500 flat
I am not trying to be harsh, but I have played a bit of sisters and know them inside and out. They are great fun and awesome models.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.