Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, its been a minute since I have been on the forum and my search-fu is weak. I have a burning question about Guardians in an Eldar force, can unit of them utilized in a correct manner be a threat or am I just wasting points?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
this has been discussed to death, long story short I had 20 guardians...10 got converted in dire avengers and 10 got converted into storm guardians.

·
Registered
392 Posts
They can be used, but are rarely any effective (so far they have been once for me and that's because my opponent made a big mistake). Other than that they have always been a huge disappointment, even with a Warlock backing them up, or another melee unit nearby to protect them, or cover, they still go down like flies to just about everything. Definitely not worth their points cost and they are not a viable heavy weapons platform either. This being said, there can be times when they are useful, but those times are rare and even then Avengers/Storm Guardians would probably have outperformed the regular Guardians.

·
Registered
406 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.