Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi pplz,
the other day i got my first electric guitar (i'd being learning on acoustic)
for an early b'day present

there i am:
http://www.pbase.com/mike_lee/mikes_new_guitar

It's a Squire Strat! :lol:

Anyone else play?

and does anyone know how to get the intro and main riff of Thunderstruck sounding right?

I got a tab for it yesterday and i can sorta play it but its really hard, anyone know any tips or what im talking bout? :unsure:

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Hey... That's a nice looking guitar you got yourself there!

My first electric guitar was also a Squire Strat. It's a good guitar to start off with!

Later on when you get more cash you can buy yourself a Fender or Ibanez. Some people prefer Gibson guitars (they are wonderful) but I have always been a Strat man.

Congrats man! Good luck with the music!

·
Registered
245 Posts
i have a guitar question,
in the song from The White Stripes called Seven Nation army, does he use a bass guitar to do those low tunes? In the video he seems to use the same guitar all along (allthough you'd need two to do the chorus...).
And are the members of the band brother and sister? husband and wife? divorced? caus they have the same last name...

·
Registered
48 Posts
He drops the "E" string down to the bass note. Lots of people do it.

For Thunderstruck, I'd recommend learning to do Hammer on's and Pull off's with an Electric before you try and tackle that one.

I'll give you the tab for it anyways though. It's all on the high E string.

E|--h4p0--h7p0--h4p0--h7p0--

And just repeat that.

Eventually it goes to some stuff down on the 12th fret, but figure that out after you get that down pat.

Oh, by the way. I play guitar. :)

I play on a Gibson SG replica. I'm too cheap to spring for a real gibson and am perfectly happy with my guitar. She treats me well. :)

If you're into AC/DC learn to play Hells Bells.

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Originally posted by Aristotle Jones@Jul 1 2003, 21:19
He drops the "E" string down to the bass note. Lots of people do it.
Are you talking about drop D or what? If we're talking about that new (totally crap) song where the video is alotta triangles 'n stuff he definately does NOT use the guitar to produce that sound... They MUST have a bass player. Either that or he's using an octave pedal/footswitch.

Dropping a guitar to the low octave of E is simply impossible.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm like the only person I know who doesn't play guitar, 95% of my freinds play guitar or bass. But I'm not a total loss, I'm a percussion man ( insert drummer joke here ) 'cause I love slappin' my skins

maybe we could start up the LO band lol

·
DING
1,740 Posts
That white stripes thing, i havent a clue about the bass guitar bit but i am a big fan of their music. Bought white blood cells first after listening to it at a friends and loving it. When i first bought Elephant i didn't think it was great but now i love it, its a real grower :D .
About the sister/brother/husband/wife thing i dont think people really know. I was reading a review about one of their gigs and the reviewer said they had real chemistry on stage, so i took it from that they are husband/wife, but then i read that Jack was going out with that Rennee Zwellegaer one. (shes in that film jerry Maguire.)
So basically i havent a clue :blink:

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Since this is turning into the musicians' corner I'll post a few dumb musician jokes..

Q: What do you call a strange guy that hangs out with a bunch of musicians?
A: A drummer! :D :p

Q: How many lead singers does it take to put a bulb in the ceiling?
A: One. He holds the bulb and the world revolves around him!

Q: How many lead guitarists does it take to put a bulb in the ceiling?
A: Four. One to do it and three others to stand around and say how much better they could have done it!

Q: What's the difference between a trumpet and a saxophone?
A: A trumpet takes longer to burn!

A field expedition was travelling through the jungle and they came across a primitive village. In the distance a repetitive sound of beating drums could be heard. The natives took the expedition in kindly and the leader of the expedition asked the chief of the tribe what the drums were for and where they were coming from. The chief only answered: 'Drums must never stop!'
The expedition stayed for a while and were treated well. Still the drums continued beating repetitively.
Then suddenly one day the drums stopped! The natives began screaming and ran around in panic, pulling their hair out in agony.
The leader of the expedition was alarmed and asked a bypasser: 'But what happens when the drums stop?'
The native screamed back in fear: 'BASS SOLO!' :eek: :D

Anyone else got some?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.