Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I have been tinkering with different armies, testing them using the stats from army builder. He played Tau against my Necrons and he had a squad of 20 Gun Drones. Are these allowed to be a single squad? Also, when I shot at them, he said they were Independant, which I read. So does this mean I can only kill one at a time? If thats true they are incredibly annoying.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Independent, as in independent character?

Woulden't think you only can kill one, just makes em really annoying then.
I'm not sure at all, just sounds too good to be true...

·
Registered
340 Posts
When they say that the gun drones are independant, they were referring to the fact that the squad can opperate without the guidance of a drone controller. They are treated like a squad, but thats just a piece of fluff they threw in. That's also why the leadership of the gundrones is all crazy-like.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As Onion said they are only independant of a drone controller (someone who has the ability to take gun or shield drones with them in their squad or by their side as bodyguards)

They have the ability to be in a fast attack squad of a minimum of 4 and a max of 8 per squad.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Max of 8? Haha, my friend had 20. And he said they were independant, so I could only fire at them one at a time. Well, I guess thats what happens when you're just using reps and experimenting with the newer armies.

·
Registered
27 Posts
well he can still use 20.

2 squads of 8 with a squad of 4

or

2 squads of 8 and use the other 4 on two models that have drone controllers that way he protects those two units ... poor little gun drones they like jumping in the line of fire for the person who has the drone controller.

So they still are kinda annoying and Shield Drones have 4+ Invunerable for themselves not just the person they are assigned too.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Originally posted by Aristotle Jones@Jun 16 2003, 23:22
My friend and I have been tinkering with different armies, testing them using the stats from army builder. He played Tau against my Necrons and he had a squad of 20 Gun Drones.
[snapback]17089[/snapback]​

Here we se another case of army builder being completely and utterly wrong. This is why people should always check their codices. I realize that you did not have the codex but it really irks me when people blindly trust army builder with their list. Especially when people bring these lists to tournaments.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Army Builder was hardly wrong. It never states that you are allowed to take a squad of 20. In fact, if they had actually tried to fully write up their army lists, he would have realized that even army builder only allows max squads of 8. And about them being independant, Drones are supposed to require a drone controller and the independant means that the squad does NOT require a drone controller. But then again, you wouldn't know this if you didn't have the Codex. The true problem is that Army Builder was never meant to be a replacement for your codex, and therefore you can't treat it as such.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts