Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been planning on making houserules for an army based on the various Tau allies, mainly becuase I enjoy making rules I'd probably never use.... Gue'vesa would make up a good part of this army. This is one unit I've always wanted to do: A Gue'vesa battlesuit.

GV10 Gue'vesa Battlesuit
WS - BS - S - T – W - I - A - LD - SV
Gue'ui- 25 points 3 - 3 - 3(4) – 3 – 1 - 3(4) - 1 - 8 - 4+
Gue'vre- +10 points 3 - 3 - 3(4) – 3 – 1 - 3(4) - 2 - 9 - 4+

Number/squad: 1-5 Gue'ui. One Gue'ui may be upgraded to Gue'vre at +10 points. Counts as jump infantry. The Gue'vre may choose a markerlight at +10 points.

Wargear: All Gue'ui equipped with GV10 Gue'vesa battlesuit.

Special Rules: Jumppack- All models count as being equipped with a jumppack.

Deepstrike- All units may deepstrike if missions rules allow.

GV10 battlesuit- Gue'vesa equivalent to Tau XV15 stealthsuit. While made with the help of the Tau, most of the equipment on the GV10 is modified human technology. It is hoped that guiding the Gue'la along in their technological development would, after centuries of indoctrination, give the Tau much more versatile allies capable of leading operations with minimal Tau support. As such, the Tau sought to let the humans use their own technology to make an equivalent of their own battlesuits.

The GV10 is counts as being equipped with a power weapon and a hellgun with targeters . In addition it counts as giving the equipped model with +1 S, +1 I, and a 3+ armor save, which is already given in statline.

GV10 teams are often retrofited to meet certain purposes. When fighting Ork incursions, heavy flamers and multilasers become common. When fighting the armored companys of their Imperial Guard cousins, meltaguns are prolific. One battlesuit of every team may select to replace his hellgun with targeter for a heavy flamer at +5 points, a battlesuit multilaser +15 points, or a meltagun at +10 points.

Note that due to the special design of the suit, the users may choose to employ their hellguns and multilasers with the original statline, or as 18'' assault 1 and 24'' assault 2, respectivly.

·
2,076 Posts
Note that due to the special design of the suit, the users may choose to employ their hellguns and multilasers with the original statline, or as 18'' assault 1 and 24'' assault 2, respectivly.
Eh? That doesn't make much sense? Why would I fire my Hellgun as anything but Assault 2?
When you say Jump infantry, are they regular Jump Infantry or Jet Pack Jump Infantry?

Also, do they have a 3+ or 4+ save? Statline says 4, but rules say 3.

Try to seperate rules and Fluff as it is kinda confusing to read.

Otherwise good idea, even if I don't see the Tau sharing battlesuit technology easily..

Reactions: Sitnam

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eh? That doesn't make much sense? Why would I fire my Hellgun as anything but Assault 2?
The Hellguns receive the Assault 1 stat, as they are normally rapid fire. Although I mainly put this rule in place for the sake of the multilaser, as a heavy weapon doesn't lend itself to jump infantry.

Also, do they have a 3+ or 4+ save? Statline says 4, but rules say 3.
I meant ot put 4. I though tabout a 3+, but since they are using human technolgoy I see carpace armor being the preferred defence.

Otherwise good idea, even if I don't see the Tau sharing battlesuit technology easily..:|
That's why I made it so much more primitivew thne battlesuits. Not as much that the Tau were giving over technoplogy, as they were allowing Gue'vesa develop their own.

When you say Jump infantry, are they regular Jump Infantry or Jet Pack Jump Infantry?
Just normal jump infantry. Again, the technolgoy used is human level, and Jet Packs are advanced Tau technology.

Thanks for the feedback

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.