Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Depends on what your carrying around, if your going for mostly infantry its probbly a good idea. But if you have a large army with a few tanks, might I suggest Army Transport by Sabel. Ill try and dig up that link...
moments later : lo and behold ! http://www.the{Ads-Protection}.net/acatalo...gure_Cases.html I highly recomnd this transport if you got various vehicles, and plus you can always by more foam trays to fit your needs. Speaking of which each tray is customizable, letting you shape the things as you need so you can fit every thing in there nice and easy. Highly Recomeneded.
Gah... ads protection... dangit... here Ill just pm you the link.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I can tell you that it is horrible for spikey Tyranids. And just forget about putting your Gargoyles in there.

Its designed for marine infantry and it fits the bill for them pretty well.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I don't know where I'd be without mine, it can even hold taller minis such as wraithguard and the like without any fuss.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
In my oppinion it's not worth it ..... even if I play chaos space marines...
I'm making one myself... out of MDF board.
The problem is all the spiky stuff... it's impossible to store that without braking some of it off.
I say get yourself or make a suitcase and just insert foamboards, then just cut out the trays you need for your different models.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Army transport seems to hold more for a better price..... not to mention it can hold tanks and big models fairly well...... you should really look into them....

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I already have one...
It's too small for my needs.
And I'm not the guy that feel like carrying 3-4 suitcases every time I have to travel far to get to a tournement.

·
Registered
556 Posts
i think you could probably find a cheaper and more effective carrying case

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, im sorry theslayer, i cant get to that link...dont know why. Just give me the homepage if you could. Thanks anyway.
Im goin GK with a Daemonhunters army, so Im still deciding.

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
Step 1) Put little magnets on the bottom of your soldiers. (5 bucks for a 10' roll of 1" wide magnetic tape at the your local wal-mart)

Step 2) Put the little soldiers in an all metal tool box. (20 bucks or less for an all metal tool box)

;)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Originally posted by H0urg1ass@Oct 31 2003, 20:16
Step 1) Put little magnets on the bottom of your soldiers. (5 bucks for a 10' roll of 1" wide magnetic tape at the your local wal-mart)

Step 2) Put the little soldiers in an all metal tool box. (20 bucks or less for an all metal tool box)

;)
Woah.

·
Registered
969 Posts
What a novel idea... I think I'll try it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Originally posted by bladestalker@Oct 31 2003, 15:54
you might want to give our skirmishpacks and battlepacks a shot. about the same price as an army transport but much larger.

www.battlepack2001.com
Yup. This place has it all, even if it's expensive.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by bladestalker@Oct 31 2003, 15:54
you might want to give our skirmishpacks and battlepacks a shot. about the same price as an army transport but much larger.

www.battlepack2001.com
Bladestalker how do the battlpacks hold the foam in place in the pack?
The big one doesn’t look like it will hold the minis securely. The pictures of the foam look fine but once in the case they just dont look secure enough. If you could give some more details I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
screw all that, buy a fishing tacle box and put foam insulation in it, i found i could fit everything i need and then some in it, i found i could fix over 60 marines in it with all my heavy units, tools, glue, and flock in it at the same time!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have an old Plano fishing box that actually was used for fishing. I haven’t went fishing for a couple years. I might just look in to converting it as well. Though a brand new box might smell better! I spilled a bottle of the fish attractant in the box and it still stinks after cleaning. :lol:

I been trying to stay away from vehicles but I started reading about the Tau so low and behold I am building a Tau army. Vehicles and suits are not easy to find carry cases for.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Found an interesting carry case company. The best part is that the shipping only is $15 all over the world! I live in Sweden so this will be it for me.

http://www.intersponge.com/

·
Registered
777 Posts
well, I heard a storry once that involved picking something other than an army case for his army.

This guy had painted 2000pts of Tyranids. They were buitifully painted, each one being a work of art. With Tyranids you can imagine how many models were involved, and it took him 2 years to paint them. Finnally when he was done, he put them in a special case he made for them.
The case was a gun case, made from steel and filled with slotted foam that allowed him to put his entire army in. He put the army on the back seat of his car, and drove to the gamesday to show them off. He parked his car, and wen't to register, but when he came back he found his car had a broken window and the case, with the tyranids, was gone!
So life went on, and he couldn't show off his buitifull tyranids. They were gone. However, one day, he is brought to the FBI for questioning. He couldn't imagine what it was for. The interigator explained to him, that they had found a metal gun case behind a federal building. The security involved thought it was too risky to scan the gun case, becuse it might contain a bomb that was rigged to go off in such an event. So what did they do? They had already taken the gun case out into the middle of an empty field, and BLEW IT UP! Extremely well painted, and now burnt, tyranid bits flew every where!! apearantly they had found the owners name on one of the pieces of debree.

So the lesson of the story is have a case, like gw's, that has a big nerd symbol on the outside. When the theif sees "TOYS" he will just leeve it alone.

So for all of your Ideas were you take a tool box, or a suitcase, make sure you proudly display your geeky heritige on the outside!

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
If you play dwarfs then the case is great! You can fit two of the suckers into one part, so you get 72 on each layer :p
Otherwise, theres better options...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.