Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my local store just stopped doing vet nights. they want us to buy stuff but dont give us any where to enhance our love for the game's.

shall we just lie down and take it like a wimpering platoon of gaurds men.

·
Registered
328 Posts
sad day

Ive said it a million times, and each time i catch crap for it:

GW = dont care for the customer

I think it is upsetting that the store would stop doing a night for the veterans. Before doing anything, I would ask for a reason prior to anything

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
Unfortunately, I am inclined to disagree with you on this point. Quite the contrary, my local GW is kicking off the opening of a new Sunday gaming club (in addition to thursday vet nights) with a massive battle royale of Warhammer - everyone brings a regiment to support the two store armies. I believe it's Empire vs. Vampire Counts.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think thats it is just that certain store. It depends on the employees whether the store is good or bad. My local store (while it was still open:(( ) the employees were very helpful and would answer any question you asked to the best of their ability (although this varied from person to person).

So it is most likely just that store that has quit the vet nights.

·
Registered
21 Posts
general rule. inderpendant retailers= good. when it comes to Tribsa, that is (y)

and enough of these damn GW hate messages, their pissing me off, if your unhappy about it then go take it up with them. and unless they dont have gaming tables(then you can complain) why dont you go arrange your own tornament.

edit: and yeah, youve prob just got a dodgy GW store, you should go exchange it for another one ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Deltaguard1894 said:
Ive said it a million times, and each time i catch crap for it:

GW = dont care for the customer

I think it is upsetting that the store would stop doing a night for the veterans. Before doing anything, I would ask for a reason prior to anything

I have to agree with you Deltaguard and I catch crap too but just think one store stops then so does another...

And hey maybe if we keep up some websurfing GW guy will see all the unhappy gamers on the forums and form what I can see form this forum and other there are alot of them

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
nid kid

you tell me where you got that magic wand then rincewind, an i'll make a new store appear that doesnt just take my money and not care, oh an whilst im there ill go and pick some money off the tree outside for my very own vet night with boards and senery.

i get sick of playing the same hand full of mates all the time and i attend most events at lenton which as im sure you will know have been slashed in half for next year

·
Registered
291 Posts
My local gw is brilliant! They are really nice and will lend anything. They really dont care about ohhh youve got to buy that bla bla bla. If theres a begginer they just give them bfm and tell them to go to crazy clarks and get glue and dice ect. Really depends on the store.

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Dude, you should have noticed,

GW Loves n00bs.

-Look at Space Marines (not saying Space marines are weak, they though contain the most newbies)
-The have that academy program running
-Dumb down rules.

you see ?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yeah I see where youre coming from... At ym store its not like previously described. I dont know how to explain it. I guess they dont care as much and dont nag ect. but still help out when you ask... Hard to explain. Some of theother stores are dodgy though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
spongebob said:
Yeah I see where youre coming from... At ym store its not like previously described. I dont know how to explain it. I guess they dont care as much and dont nag ect. but still help out when you ask... Hard to explain. Some of theother stores are dodgy though.
ahhhh! i can know die piecefully from my wounds knowing there are a few people who get that i am also not bad mouthing all GW stores. i am happy for people who have great stores but try to put yourselfs in other peoples shoes and maybe you will see why so many feel it necessary to moan.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
I must be lucky, my store had to stop tuesday vets (we still get thursday) because the staff were exhausted. it was a shame but at least everyone's all there on the same day.

The only problem (at the moment) is we are all cooped up on the store floor because the upper floors are unsafe (really old building) so it gets rather crowded- particularly now winter war is running (after 2 hours it always smells of manflesh).

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
I completely dissagree....

http://uk.games-workshop.com/gamingclubs/thankyou-2005/1/

See the first group picci? the guy on the left withthe Space Wolves msn group T shirt - that's me! - free day at warhammer world, play all you like, free food and coffees, even a free wine at lunch time!

I actualy wish the (somewhat smelly) GW store guys would stop trying to help me when I go in the store - I know what I have gone in there for (in most cases I have been playing the game since they were in nappies), if I cant find it I will ask, Get out my face!

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
You've summed it up cheredanine!

I went on an a trip to warhammer world with a few guys from my store (it was GW organised)
and it only cost me £24! (this includes a meal and the bus hire) £24!, they must have got the bus for free at that cost!

GW loves us vets and they reward us so.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The_Outsider said:
You've summed it up cheredanine!

I went on an a trip to warhammer world with a few guys from my store (it was GW organised)
and it only cost me £24! (this includes a meal and the bus hire) £24!, they must have got the bus for free at that cost!

GW loves us vets and they reward us so.
again im glad your store does

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can someone please give me a decent explanation as to why GW charge ridiculous amounts for their products. Liek RIDICULOUS. Clearly its not for production costs 'cos cmon, lets face it theyr tiny little bits of plastic/metal out of a mould. You can buy a large kids action toy for $10 wen something of similar size from GW will cost you $100. ANd don;t say it's because they want to restrain alll players from having incredible armies with too many good units, because the Points system can keep that under control. So why do they rob people of so much money???

Example: $20(AUS) for a can of Citadel spray paint. It is no different in quality or durability (from wat i can tell) than the cans I get for $2 from K-mart. And even a good quality paint company only charges like $9 max, unless its some anti-rust proof or shut.

Whats the deal?

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
R E P E N t, I understand you appear to be upset, but that is an entirely pointless, GW charge what they do because they are a comercial company, also because people like you and I will pay for it at that price, you want expensive? put an army of elysians together

·
Registered
788 Posts
You guys are lucky to have any GW store at all... I wish I had somewhere where I could find what I want and could at least order what I couldn't... here in Dubai there was an old store where they had very little stock, relatively clueless staff and they always ordered the wrong stuff... we are getting a new stockist run by a 40k player so hopefuly it will be better... However you guys still have it better.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cheredanine said:
...people like you and I will pay for it at that price, you want expensive? put an army of elysians together
Oh but you see thats the thing. I stopped throwing millions of dollars at GW in 2000, I stopped following 40k when I hit high school. Now I've jsut finished and saw them in the cupboard and ripped them out again, however I will not buy any more stuff from GW as I've realised the absurdity of their prices. The only buying of GW products will be done cheaply on eBay. :yes:

·
Registered
279 Posts
NiteRabbit said:
Unfortunately, I am inclined to disagree with you on this point. Quite the contrary, my local GW is kicking off the opening of a new Sunday gaming club (in addition to thursday vet nights) with a massive battle royale of Warhammer - everyone brings a regiment to support the two store armies. I believe it's Empire vs. Vampire Counts.
That's not your store... that's my store! Mine I say!

:shifty:

1 - 20 of 98 Posts