Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come the Oz Gw site is so horrible compared to the US and UK ones and even other countries. The site is so out of date and not kept up with the latest releases the online store is a pain to use.

The sites design seems like it is from 1998 or soemthign and is so difficult to navigate sometimes. BTW heres the link to the site

Games Workshop Australia Online

How many other Aussies and NZers think this should be improved and ideas for this> I think if we get enough people emailing them with the same ideas etc. We may be able to get something done about the state of the site.

·
ISIS Secret Agent Squishy
1,875 Posts
I don't use the Oz site if I can help it...if I want any modeling or painting tips/ideas, I use the UK or US sites. The only thing I do look at the Oz site for is the online store (to see if something is available in this country).

Speaking of, is it just GW Australia or is it GW worldwide, that has decided that the Deceiver isn't popular and so Mail Order only? :?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I still find it amazing that a company like GW can have such massive differences in content online for different nations - just goes to show that they are not too bothered about thier web identity;)
and as for the deciver, I have been wondering similar things about great eagles - wood elves and high elves both use them and yet they are mail order only :?:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think its funny, yet sad that the HE section hasn't been updated, people looking there wouldn't even know about the dragon!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm echoing ,pdscxotts post. the only thing I use the oz site for is the inline store. for everything else there's the UK or u.s site (or Mastercard ;)).

·
Registered
472 Posts
Agreed.

I personally believe GW is wasting A LOT of resources (and money) by keeping up several websites. They should just have one main website that is updated often and actually looked after; and a regional-Dependant online store section. Of course the non-regional section would have translations for all the necessary languages too.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
It seems there are quite a few people who find this irksome. I myself have not gone to the Australian GW site for some time, instead (as others have said) using the UK site for news and info. At least they update occasionally!

I guess the problem may be that GW do try and have localised content on the internet which of course knows no bounds. I mean, if Australians could only access the Australian site, it might actually get updated once in a while. But, seeing as we have alternatives (UK, US, whatever) there's no need to bother...

Still, it strikes me as being rather unprofessional.

Maybe we'll all have to spam them with letters until they do something about it. Or just keep using the UK site...

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
GW Canada is only marginally better. It's more up to date, but the inteface still makes you feel like it's 1995 again and you're browsing in Netscape 3 through compuserv.

·
Set Sail and Conquer!
1,633 Posts
GW OZ Site sucks

Yeah. Mostly agreed. It needs a little work.

They did have some good ideas, like with the extra white dwarf content, but thats all gone by the wayside now. Especially now that White Dwarf is becoming a centralised global mag now, with little local content.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts