Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something a friend of mine said to me. That GW were going to be cutting prices, due to changes in the metal or something.

Just wondering if any of you guys could shead some light on this, or quash it as an evil rumour.

Toastee

·
Registered
581 Posts
Somehow I kind of doubt it (no particular info to base that on though), though it would be nice. Prices for GW stuff have gone up so much since I got into the game (8 years ago or so), and now everything is so expensive. It does give me some nice "back in my day" stories though!:)

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aye, I thought as much =(
Oh well, I can dream huh.

Prices have indeed increased over the years =( It would be nice to see some price cuts, but I fear that they will only increase as the Nat min wage goes up too =/

Oh well thanks for clearing it up.

·
Registered
290 Posts
look folks, GW make you pay by the model, otherwise explain to me why plastic terminators cost more now then for the same number of metal terminators used to???

And tactical squads used to come in metal and now only in plastic, their privces went up too. And its not all inflation cuase i can still get fries and a coke for 2$!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greed!

They make rules that force you to use GW and ONLY GW minis in anything resembling an 'official' tourney and then jack up the price every year because they KNOW you will pay. (you HAVE to where else are you going to get 'official 40k' minis from?)

Thats my 0.02$

·
Registered
581 Posts
Well, the answer to that problem is that as long as you don't play in official turneys much, who cares? Use other stuff if it works (although calling a bunch of chess pieces Chaos Chosen in terminator armor or something like that might be a little too much, as long as its reasonable and your opponent is reasonable it doesn't matter).

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've played alongside Sockmonkey for over 10 years now.. and I can say that the price has always gone up. You used to be able to get a 30 man marine box set for $30 CAD! And a 13 man terminator box set for $30 CAD! Now, the ONLY reason I can think that the prices keep going up is because they have FANTASTIC modellers and need to pay them (other than greed of course).

I mean, everything used to be in lead because their plastics were attrocious! No one wanted plastic models, no detail, just blobs of beige and blue models. NOW, their plastics have gotten SOOOO much better, I don't mind paying a bit more. I would still like to pay LESS for the plastic models than the pewter, but we all know it won't happen.

The models are by far better than they ever were, I mean take the new Grey Knights for instance, they're phenominal! And they're beast, $70 CAD for a terminator squad, but they're one large bases and they should be, holy cow!

Anyways, I don't mind paying for the new models, but if they did lower their prices instead of raising them again next time they think about it, they'd make more money and attract new customers.

Oh, oh! Another thing, if they put together a set with the rule book, dice, and templates and sold it for $60 CAD (rather than just the book for $60 CAD) they'd have dozens of new players each day! Who wants to buy a game for $110 CAD thinking they can open up and start playing with the contents of the box and then find out they STILL have to buy $200 more in models to actually start playing...

Oh well, I've ranted enough now I guess... :ph34r:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well I think this is one of the only subjects where all LO members will actually agree. The price will not go down, but will go up.

I'm with Darkness, had I known that I would need to buy ton's more models to be able to play after buying there "Starter" box. I would have thought twice. maybe even three times, and then put the box back on the shelf and found something else to play...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Supply and demand.

Basic rule of business. While ever we want the products they can charge what they think they can get away with. The fact that this thread even exists means that while we bitch about it they can keep the prices the same or increase them. Yes we will bitch about it but it wil not stop us buying them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.