Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm I think some of these prices are there to match US/Canadian prices.

as you can see.. if you converted the current termies...

They would be around 36$ US, rather than the 50$ US price. heh.

and rhinos are going near 30$ now, dont know its previous price.. (too lazy to check)
And Chims/razers matching prices of 35$ now heh. I guess UK has been getting it cheap all the time long! >:O I shoulda known.. hah

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Thank god...you had me worried. Up here in canada rhino like vehicles are already $55 and a jump of 5 punds would be like $10 canadian so ya...ouch. Don't scare harmless canadians like that!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Good! Us Aussies already pay way to much, glad the rest of the world has to now as well!

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha aussies... still pay the most.

last time i checked.. your guys defiler was like 70-80 US$..

its only like 60 here.. :p

·
Registered
156 Posts
Murekhalir said:
haha aussies... still pay the most.

last time i checked.. your guys defiler was like 70-80 US$..

its only like 60 here.. :p
It's just shipping charges tacked on, I'm thinking. :p

·
Registered
92 Posts
i live in oz, and when i went to the uk... it was a real eye-opener to say the least. i was in a shop and a guy asked me why i was getting so much, i answered "becoz it is cheap". he looked at me like i was mad.

·
Proud banner bearer of LO
945 Posts
Are the prices really going up AGAIN???

THE EMPEROR HAS FORSAKEN US!

At this rate forge world stuff will become cheaper!
Fact: Putting up prices will kill off GW's sales! Could this be the start of the end????

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
GW, when will you ever learn?
This is going to fuel the hatred of what the prices are already.

"beware death, it awaits to claim GW"

·
Registered
73 Posts
You guys still have it good. I just got termies for $50 U.S. and I am poor now. I still need to get a Combat Squad and an Assault Squad which is $45 U.S. all together. I e-mailed GW during the last price raise of $5 for boxed sets and told them that it wouldn't it be a better idea to make them a bit cheaper and get 5x more sales then raising the price and getting 1/5 of the sales they are getting now. They just don't seem to get it at all........................ His reply was, "We are the best model producers out there."

·
Registered
245 Posts
We should have a petition to ask GW to stop being such douchebags with their prices. It might work. If we got enough support we could even boycott their product.

Edit: If 1000 canadians stopped buying, say, $40 of merchandise per month, that's $10 000 per month GW loses (5000 pounds, about). That would probably make them rethink their douchiness.

·
Registered
90 Posts
People said something about a boycott their products when they raised their prices a while ago. It never went through, and I would bet that this one will not go well either.

I dont know if GW is doing really well and think that they need to raise the price on their products. Likewise, GW might be doing bad and need to raise their prices to keep up with the same profit they got last year.

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
People already have done that, writing petitions.

but only if you could really get 1k canadians to do that..

I dont think it would work though.

but you want to try?! lol..

·
Boiiing!
1,392 Posts
Well, the rumor of this pricehike has already caused me to look elsewhere and buy my first minitures for another game (confrontation)

GW must realise that my pushing the prices up and up they are loosing custom.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.