Librarium Online Forums banner

GW prices may be irritating, but...

1K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Zema 
#1 ·
At least they have amazing customer service. I ordered some bits, including a St. Celestine cape, and when I received it one of the cherubs holding up the cape had been molded incorrectly (its top half was just not there). I decided to send GW an email about it just for fun, and within a few hours they replied and said they'd send out a replacement right away, no questions asked... and in 2-3 days I had a new bit.

So, yeah, share your GW customer service stories.

#3 ·
I've only had good experiences with GW customer service. I've had several things over the years come either mis-moulded, or missing. They were always on the ball and sent replacements promptly.

#4 ·
hit and miss here - ordered a wood elf noble and a spellsinger - both failed to arrive "at store" after 1 week - moving to week 2 now. And its not just us that can get a backlash - the stores have not all got updated price and model lists (they did not have the product code for a woodelf lord with the bow - and its not that new)

So in general I would say that they are generally good in covering mess-ups but probably that mess-ups happen one time too many

#5 ·
No problem with mail order, I live in Derby so I just ring up, get on my motorbike, half hour later I'm at Warhammer World collecting my bits, no complaints on that.

I have to wait at least six weeks for my FW stuff I ordered last week, and there never seems to be many bits in stock at WW. Fair enough, though, they do have a back log with Apocolypse and I'm probably just unlucky that what I want generally isn't there.

Other than that no complaints, I have never had bad service or a problem with GW staff. Quite strange really since everyone has off days.

#7 ·
I recently made a bits order, and among other items it included a Seraphim Veteran with a power sword. Turns out I already had one that I had forgotten about, but that's beside the point.

My point is that at some point in the process, I forgot to order her a jump pack! At this point I'm thinking about ways to make a Marine backpack look the part, and whether an assault marine jump pack would look ridiculous, when Mark, the local GW store manager, calls me over and spends several minutes digging through the store's bits supply with me - in the end, I walked away with my stuff, plus a free St. Celestine cape and plenty of ideas for solutions from my own bits box! Some of you may be impressed, but not me... Mark and all the staff at our store are awesome guys, and (don't get me wrong, I'm really grateful for the free part) this is pretty much business as usual for them. Those guys are one of the major reasons why I've never really understood all the GW store horror stories people have - that stuff just doesn't happen here.

#8 · (Edited)
I can't say I had too much of a good experience with them either. They used to have this punch card where every 20 Euros you spent you got a mark and when you completed it you got 50 euros worth of free stuff to get it. I completed my punch card but when I went to give it in 'We're sorry this event is over now'. And then when I ordered Vespero and his Duelists from the catalogue, they had me pay first before even getting them. So I was like 'Okay so... if they don't come I payed you and I'm screwed?'. You might say 'Adahn, that's how it is you pay first and then you get it' perhaps - but Goblin, this other store I went to which had cheaper miniatures, didn't. I ordered it, it got there, and THEN I payed for it. - As for the prices - yes completely insane and outrageous. It used to be 25 orks in a box for 20 euros, now it's 15 orcs for 35. No thanks - pass. I'd rather order them from some other distributor that doesn't charge the skin off my arse to put it bluntly.

- Yes I did get my miniatures, and I never had a box problem with them, got all my orcs and so on and so forth. All my elves, never had a problem in that sense. Sure. I was able to use their tables to play my games - lots of good stuff. But I had lots of crap stuff happen to. They had another 'event' where if you brought your painted army to the store, and the staff thought it was good enough, you'd get 25 euros worth of buying whatever you want. Not many did it since carrying your army around even well protected tends to damage it, I did it anyway and all they said was 'add more ink to it'. So I acctually said 'I did use ink, do I have to pour oil on them for them to shine?' and the guy just sort of shrugged at me.

And another thing, the owner of Goblin? He used to work - was acctually the BEST clerk at GW in Milan. And when I asked him why, he said 'I'm not working for that Multi-national coorporation anymore, I have my own store, I can sell them at factory price - people are happy. 'Nuff said. And you know what? Had Goblin existed before, it would have reduced the cost of my High Elven army. Instead of the near 600 Euros I spent on it, it would have perhaps just been 400.

#9 ·
Got the third degree about asking for a missing lictor leg. Decided to never deal with them again.

Others I know have had great service, here's hoping yours are the same, Cheers!

#10 ·
I ordered all of the horus heresy books (about 4 of them at the time)
About 9 pots of paint and some other bits and bobs at around 6am the
day before I went on holiday last year. To made sure I got I order next day delivery.
Next comes and nothing, so at 1pm I send a email to ask why I paid seven pounds for
next day delivery and they phoned me about a hour later, saying they were sorry
but they didn’t have my order so I sent them a screen shot of my payment details and they
were like the best we can do is make sure your local has the stuff for you. So I had to pay £7 train fare and a hour long trip to get my books and paints. I was not happy. The only good thing was I got Fulgrim two days before it’s general release. So Im not crazy with their service, but what else can you do? If you want to buy components then were else can you go?
Bitz box are o.k but they don’t have a massive selection and they don’t have a lots of Tyranid stuff that I need.

#12 ·
Waaaay back when, when leprechauns were real, and the sun was square, I mail ordered a black ark of naggaroth for Man o War, the ship came with 2 left sides - I was a sad boy.

So my mother called the GW trolls (Was in the days when the internet was a luxury at best, I don't think I'd heard of it back then, though I was a little kid), and they sent me another left side. Then another. Then they sent me a whole black ark, and an entire dark elf fleet, uh, and a blue horror of tzeench.

I was a happy boy.

#14 ·
I've had problems with box contents twice: an ork dread with 1 leg and 2 hatches and a predator box with to left sided sprues but no top sprue. Both have been replaced in store no problem, and i could keep the older parts. Now that's nice!

Unfortunatly this means i now open boxes hoping for a mistake in contents :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.