Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i assualted a group of harlequins (no not all of them but only two on the edge of a squad)
with 3 death cult assasins... 3 vs 2 i liked those odds.However
he got to go first(harlequins) and split his attacks(legal?) and took out one assassin and inflicted 1 wound on another.
i ended up loosing combat.
as fearless i had to take extra wounds his whole squad(of which only 2 could get me)
outnumbered me 2 to one (or maybe 3 to one- do i count how many wounds i have left to figure out )anyway
question: does each assassin take extra wounds?
or do they take it as a group?
anyway i lost them both , the way we did it.
comments?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
... split his attacks(legal?) and took out one assassin and inflicted 1 wound on another.
Yeah, it's legal for a unit to split attacks between multiple units (which is what the DCAs are, due to their Independent rule). The only caveat is that only models in base-to-base with one of your assassins, or within 2" of a model in base-to-base, can allocate attacks against it. Furthermore, all the attacks from a single model must be allocated towards one or the other. In other words, if he had a model with 4 attacks that was in base-to-base with both of your assassins, he could only choose one to allocate 4 attacks against, not 2 attacks towards one DCA and 2 towards the other.

as fearless i had to take extra wounds his whole squad(of which only 2 could get me)
outnumbered me 2 to one (or maybe 3 to one- do i count how many wounds i have left to figure out )anyway
anyway i lost them both , the way we did it.
comments?
Hrm, I can't quite recall the right way to do this. What it essentially is, is multiple combats (because the DCAs count as separate units). So check under that section in the BGB. I don't want to speculate, because I don't know those rules well enough to quote them from memory, and I'd hate to lead you astray =).

-H

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
i assualted a group of harlequins (no not all of them but only two on the edge of a squad)
with 3 death cult assasins... 3 vs 2 i liked those odds.However
he got to go first(harlequins) and split his attacks(legal?) and took out one assassin and inflicted 1 wound on another.
as per Hasten, he answered that pretty well
i ended up loosing combat.
Saddly they are seperate units, each unit is outnumbered by <total number of Harleys>, you take that amount of wounds on each DCA
next time drive by shoot the harleys, that should settle their hash, that or DS and rapid fire

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Saddly they are seperate units, each unit is outnumbered by <total number of Harleys>, you take that amount of wounds on each DCA
next time drive by shoot the harleys, that should settle their hash, that or DS and rapid fire
That, or DS and Incinerate! That should fix their little red wagon =).

Like Cheredanine points out, the general rule of thumb (particularly for a Daemonhunters army) is to play to your opponent's weakness. Harlies are a nightmare in assault, but are weak to shooting (so long as you can see them), so rather than sending in your crack CC units, try to use your shooty units to take them out at range. As Cheredanine said, drive-by or DS is a good way to get around their Veil of Tears. Another way to do it is to include an Inquisitor armed with a Null Rod and Psycannon, and join him to a unit. Since the whole unit benefits from the Null Rod rules (which lets them ignore the effects of any psychic powers whatsoever), you've now got a whole unit who can shoot the Harlies without worrying about the VoT! This is especially nice in a shooty retinue if you use one, but could be equally devastating with a unit of Grey Knights, particularly if they're toting psycannons.

Anyways, good luck in future encounters!

-H

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.