Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've decided that, for now at least, my Dark Eldar army is going to be themed on a group of Haemonculi. No lord until at least 1000pts, and even then no Archon until 1500pts. I played a 1000 point game vs Guard last night, and thanks to the selfless sacrifice...bad massacre roll of a warrior unit, my destructor Haemonculus was able to hold an entire flank himself and destroy over 300pts of guard on his own. Any advice on what sort of models/units/wargear I should include, what not to include, how many dark lance shots I can get, et cetera. Also, does anyone know what an army led by a group of Haemonculi is called?

·
362 Posts
For a Hamonculus army I would get at least three Hamonculus each leading a squad of grotesqs each of which is mounted in a raider plus possibly another three to attach to seprate squads.. For troops some small squads of warriors and for Heavy support 2 Talos. Things to avoid would be Wyches reaver jet bikes warp beast packs and Hellions. anything else should be okay as long as you make the bulk of the force Grotesqs.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So nothing that would normally be part of a wych cult, any ideas on when is a good points limit to include a lord of some description (the Haemonculi are known to hire themselves out)?

·
The Dvl in Pale Moonlight
889 Posts
3 haemonculi, 1-2 units of grots, fill out the rest with warriors, talos and perhaps a ravager.

if going all talos as well its adviseble to field the army with a WWP as well due to the slow rate of movement the talos has.

dont pick reavers, hellions or wyches. those are the only no-no´s though.

Cheers dancey!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Evil Priest said:
I've decided that, for now at least, my Dark Eldar army is going to be themed on a group of Haemonculi. No lord until at least 1000pts, and even then no Archon until 1500pts. I played a 1000 point game vs Guard last night, and thanks to the selfless sacrifice...bad massacre roll of a warrior unit, my destructor Haemonculus was able to hold an entire flank himself and destroy over 300pts of guard on his own. Any advice on what sort of models/units/wargear I should include, what not to include, how many dark lance shots I can get, et cetera. Also, does anyone know what an army led by a group of Haemonculi is called?
Its called a haemonculi coven or haemonculus coven. Explample: Haemonculus coven of undying pain. For short it could just be Coven of whatever.

Anyway, you should be able to take anything that isn't wych cult, no lords and hence no incubi. You should prioritise talos over ravagers and scourges because their made by the haemonculi.

Max out on grotesques with a haemonculi in each squad. Give the haemonculi scissor hand because these ones are for combat, also consider a destructor but its optional.

When you expand, get another 3 haemonculi on jetbikes on their own to go destructor things, arm them with destructor obviously and maybe scissorhand.

You'll need troops choices so obviously warriors, I'd say 4 troops choices, 2 "sniper squads" and 2 raider squads. If in low points, only take 2 troops, maybe 3.

For heavy support I'd say 2 talos and 1 ravager, I take 2 ravagers and scourges but since your haemonculi, talos it is. Their not bad either, I just don't like them. You will still want a ravager though for fire support, their so damm useful, but since you'd only have one it is going to be one of the most important targets for your opponet when its armed with 3 disintergrators.

You'd have 1 dark lance per raider, (depends on how maybe points) and maybe more if you take "sniper squads". So in like 1500 points you might have like.....9 dark lances and 3 disintergrators. (3 grotesque raiders, 2 warrior raiders and 2 "sniper squads" and a ravager with disintergrators)

Hope I've been helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts