Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok i got space marines ive been wanting to paint, and now that im trying its not workin all that great, any tips on how to paint a guy, in my case, half rotting flesh and half dark angels green?

what i mean is, cut a line down the middle of the guy, on the left side, rotting flesh, on the right side, DA Green

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do you mean in a halved or quartered color scheme? Or are you trying to mix those 2 paints, and don't like the color?

If the latter, then try a different ratio of mix... or different colors to mix (Catachan?).

If the former, which is what I really suspect you're after - It's always easier to paint the lighter color first, and cover a little more than halfway. It's easier to paint a dark color over a light color, so once the Rotting Flesh is done, then go in with the Dark Angels green and paint the other side. You'll want to paint the vertical dividing line first, and get it as straight and sharp and centered as possible - you may even want to use Chaos Black.

Now - both Rotting Flesh and DA Green aren't exactly Pigment Powerhouses - it'll take several smooth coats to get an even, solid color. Be patient, and don't try forcing the paints to cover in one go by blobbing it on all thick and grody.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts