Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing a lot of work with Hammerheads lately and I'd like some tips dealing with painting camaflauge and details on the Hammerhead. Any help is appreciated.

·
404: Title not found
2,845 Posts
Well I don't know much about the Hammerhead itself, but camouflage is easy. Cover up random areas of the vehicle, spray the whole thing, take off the covering, cover up the areas with paint on them and spray the whole thing a different colour. The Citadel Airbrush (or whatever it's called, that thing you use with Foundation Paints) is perfect for it.

~ DiW

·
loves purple tyranids
601 Posts
try to use watered down coats so not to obscure details when you airbrush. Also, use triangles for covering them, that is the best looking I think. Just cut out triangles of tape and put it anywhere on the tank. After the paint is dry overlap some of the older triangles with new ones and spray a new color. Just make sure you do the first color without anything so that your first triangles are that color. Finish with the color you want most of the tank to be.

·
404: Title not found
2,845 Posts
In fact, the whole idea is that it isn't perfect, because perfect camo would look a bit strange.

~ DiW

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tau camo is usually straight lines, but I still kind of prefer camo that's more round in shape. I tried painting camo onto a Hamerhead I've already got, but I don't really think it turned out too well. (and the stand I had superglued in broke too. In fact, the only reason it was a stand in the first place was because I forgot the parts that would allow me to glue the landing gear in deployed.) The hull itself is painted fortress grey and I painted codex grey on different areas. I'd post a picture, but I don't have a camera anymore.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But the thing that bugs me the most is that I xcan't find another shade of grey to use on my tank. I've used fortress grey as the main color and codex grey as the color of the bits of camo all over the tank, a splotch here, another over here. For my first camo job actually turned pretty good. In my opnion anyways. But it's sloppy compared to what the 'Eavy Metal team does.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts