Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the lists of the top eldar players in last years hard boyz? i think eldar got 2nd and 9th i believe? along with some other double digit placing...

This will be my first hard boyz and have been practicing, playing, planning, studying etc for a year now and hope to at least make it to regionals!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'd be interested to know this too. Next month there's a 2500 tourney at my local shop, and then a couple months later they're doing Hard Boyz.

·
1,273 Posts
Hello...because i know how to dig on internet i found this for the guy who took second place :

"6 five man dire squads
2 eight man fire dragon squads
1 seven man fire dragon squad

all 9 squads in wave serpents with missile launchers and catapults

3 fire prisms with stones, holofields and catapults

eldrad (attached to the 7 man dragon squad)"

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy, Wargames & Miniatures News: Bell of Lost Souls: Darkwynn wins the 2009 40k Ardboyz! look in comments for TwoHeartsButOnly1Wound guy

And yes take a lot of fire dragons. They are the knife (and they can beat IG in close combat too hihihih).

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! i tried looking but i always got crazy things. REP!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Your google-fu is second to none! I must say, that is not the list I expected, but when it comes down to it, you have everything you need really. Simple, effective, and annoying.

·
1,273 Posts
The guy who was the second eldar had a blog but he did not posted after the `ard boys. Is a guy from Canada (can`t remember his nickname) and he ussualy run a mech dual council list. But Andrew list is a very effective spam list. you have 23 meltas, 9 missile launchers 3 prisms, 6 troops and the man himself for psyhic defense/power. You have 12 tanks, potential 12 blasts each turn, you can kill 2+ termies, land raiders, hive tyrants like a mad man.

But it has only 30-40% of the firepower that a IG leafblower type list can deal. But with a lot of luck can break a leafblower list tbh. You just need the alpha on it`s s10 blast generators.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Interesting list, I would think some bad luck could really ruin the game though, seems like such a tiny model count.
I wonder why he uses DA over Guardians

·
1,059 Posts
5 DA is the cheapest troop choice eldar can field. He is using them purely to score and pick up a waveserpent for each of them. I would bet that he never plans on getting them out of the serpents.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hmmm your right, probably not the funnest way to play but it obviously works!
THat being said alot of the most competitive lists seem to give up alot of the joy of the game :(

·
1,273 Posts
Interesting list, I would think some bad luck could really ruin the game though, seems like such a tiny model count.
I wonder why he uses DA over Guardians
he had 6 troops so i find it pretty covered here. The DA will never get out of transports. I do not think is a boring list as is pretty focussed on something else we ussualy see (except for the melta spam which is awesome in 5`th ed.). He use serpents as trully tanks and the avengers are just the scoring bonus of the serpent... I find this creative over a dual council list.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Whoah! gnarly list, looks good in Army Builder too!

I agree with kriswithak, that many of the 'winniest' lists tend to lack character. Not just for Eldar, but most armies. Im lucky that at one my local stores people experiment a lot and have very fluffy lists. The other store is all about winning and using the rules to your own benefit. Hence I don't play there anymore.
Anyway, I can see the fluff of 3 Fire Dragon squads, but not 6 5man DA's.

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
Hard-boyz isn't so much about enjoyment but making nasty lists.

This list does that, but I would not :
a. build it - boring
b. like to play against it, see a.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'd prefer to face councils that I'm actually going to be fighting, than mobile troop choices that don't ever get out of their tank and are used purely as mobile claimers, even if I get absolutely owned by councils at least it was a fight :p

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the list is good and hard boyz is specifically made for winning and ball busting. so no more complaints about it.

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
The list is garbage and has no basis in eldar theme.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Actually, the 5-man Dire Avenger Squad in Wave Serpent is pretty nice, it's a 200ish point scoring hard to kill fast skimmer. Combined with the 300ish point Fire Dragon squads you have a pretty narly list, with speed and firepower to take on most things. Right now I believe that Fire Dragons are the superior Elite choice, mainly because they can be moved around in a transport and then jump out and still be effective, where as Banshees and other melee units need to wait a turn to do their stuff, severely hampering the whole mobility thing. The only problem with it is against horde type armies and the annihilation game type, but on the other hand, not many hordes should be able to dent it, so it should be at worst an equal game.

It's a nice Hard Boys list, maybe not the fluffiest one, although I've seen worse. It's a list I'd like to try and beat, and would probably have a fun time doing it. Although I doubt many people share my competitive nature.

·
Registered
394 Posts
so where did you rank at 'ard boyz, Skarsgard? or are you an armchair commander who doesnt actually fight any battles..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts