Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just decided to begin collecting/modifying a harlequin army, so i whipped up a 1000 point list to see what people think.

Shadowseer 156
Plasma pistol
Power blades
CC weapon
Dread mask
D-field

Solitaire 176
Plasma pistol
Power blades
Dread mask
D-field
CC Weapon

3x Death jesters 171
3x Bright lances

10x Harlequins 312
2x Plasma pistols
2x Harlequins kiss
1x Troupe leader
1x Plasma pistol
1x Power blades

7x Harlequins 185
2x Plasma pistols

Total: 1000

I figure ill lump the shadowseer in with the smaller group of harlequins, his psychic stuff should help keep them alive. I was also considering dropping a few harlequins and getting a venom for my shadowseer and his pals to ride in.

let me know what you think.

Thanks
Saethiel

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
actually, i would give the solitair tanglefoot gernades.
i would have the solitaire walk with the small squad so he cant get shot at too, and igve him the kiss since he in onyl str 3.

other then that i REALLY like the list!

·
Registered
878 Posts
The trick with Solitaires is to give them two Kisses and send them into small squads, or squads of Guardsmen. Since they have low toughness and have no save in CC, the best thing is for them to wipre out an entire enemy squad in one round of combat.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will mostly be playng against space marines and chaos space marines, so the powerblades are proabably a better choice.

I am also thinking about giving the solitaire and shadowseer a shuriken pistol with bio explosive ammo instead of a CC weapon. for those instances where ive got something with multiple wounds or a amasses group of critters with no armor save.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are the dread masks worth it? for 30 points a pop I could have a few more Troupers instead.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
the dread mask is DEF worth it. since u have no save in combat u need all the helpw itht hem not hurting u as possible. yea bio explosive ammo is sweet, lol especially gainst marines whwn they pile out of rhino..muahah evil shot :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Why would you ever give a guy two kisses? A kiss and a power weapon work out quite well. Maybe a kiss, a close combat weapon, powerblades, and rush at orks/tyranids/whathaveyou.

Also with harlequins, the Solitaire is the most broken thing on that list, so it probably should be included, at least from a numbers standpoint, but there are easy ways to kill it (i.e. Imp Guard players who guess basilisks on top of the solitaire until you fail a cover save). I don't play harlequins, but two guys I know do, and they seem to have more success in 1000 points with a Great Harlequin, 3 Death Jesters with some weird eldar anti-tank weapon, and two full squads of harlequins. Part of the problem with armies like Tau is that they are used to fighting armies with high saves and they know that they will lose and lose badly in hand to hand combat, so the important thing is getting some guys to the squad. Even one harlequin with a power weapon that reaches a crisis team will beat the crap out of it over a few turns, but you have to make sure you get there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.