Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, what exactly is the "flying circus."

I'm new and I've just recently heard about it, but I cannot find much information about it. Is it still used today as an army list? if so, how is it used? whats the list exactly consist of?

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm getting mixed reviews from a lot of forums, some say necrons use it, most say eldar use it and that it's "nasty" also i've heard that tyrnids use flying circus as well.

also! sorry for posting on the wrong forum-thing, my mistake :(

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
traditionally a flying circus refers to a necron formation centred around a lord with a destroyer body, all its participants move as jetbikes

the eldar parrallel is referred to a a Siam Hann list, because it is of the style adoped by the Siam hann craftworld.

Since harlequins can not take jetbikes, nor even dedicated transports, it would seem that the only posiible reference is a harlequin squads in a falcon, however even then it is probably best described as being misused due tothe absence of any "circus"

Nid, move fast, but have nothing you would edescribe as a flying circus, I assume the expresion has arisen in a group that plays together between them, hence they are probably talking about fast units rather than "flying" ones.

Harlequins are an elite choice and so can not wholey shape any army since they are option and you need to fill the mandatory slots, have you got an army? are you expecting to face one?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think the idea is a group of units shepherded by something that enhances them, for 'nids that would be various gaunts with a synapse shepherd.

I've done a flying circus of a farseer and warlocks shepherding a couple falcons, guiding falcons and fortuning themselves. Nothing dares come close, if they know what's good for them. Fleet of Foot makes it viable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts